Chapter 28: And if it was only an illusion

Orchid woke up that morning with a terrible headache, sat up in bed wondering how she had gotten there and surveyed her surroundings for clues of what happened the night before.She did not find anything strange, except a glass and a huge jug of water next to it, she felt grateful for the presence of the vital liquid because she had an unbearable thirst and in an instant she drank it completely.

After this she felt a little better, although the headache was still horrible, she did not remember feeling that way since the drunkenness she had at the party of her coming of age.

Something clicked in her mind when she recalled this event, she tried to search the recesses of her memory what happened at the party the day before. She remembered the greetings from the annoying guests, the heiress's introduction ceremony, the dance, and that strange, tasty drink she'd had tried.

She analyzed the situation and came to the conclusion that this drink did contain alcohol. How did they hide their presence? She would have drank more moderately if she had known, but ended up drinking three glasses in a row. A chill ran down her spine as she imagined herself at that party surrounded strangers, at least at her coming-of-age party she was with family and friends who were in charge of protecting her from any too unseemly situation, but here... Did she do something crazy while he was out of her senses!?

First of all, she checked her body for any sign that someone had done something to her, but everything was in order, even the fabric that neutralized her pheromones was perfectly accommodated. She sighed relieved and decided to take a bath, perhaps it would help her a little with that heaviness she felt, she also wanted to take off her party dress and return to her usual appearance.

After a cold shower, she felt much better, so she decided to go in search of Hollow, perhaps he could clarify what happened the night before. After asking a bit, she found out that the knight was in his sister's room, so she directed her steps there.

As she did not know if Hollow was having a private chat with his sister or something like that, she wanted to knock on the door, but just before she could announce her presence, a shout from inside interrupted her, the voice was definitely Hornet's and it sounded very angry. She did not want to get involved in family matters, so she preferred to withdraw, however when she heard her name in that conversation she was tempted to spy, she knew that it was not right to listen to other people's conversations, but if her name was involved, then it could be considered that she had some Right, maybe they were planning her murder and she didn't know it, actually she saw the latter very unlikely, but mistrust was something too ingrained in her.

"Hollow... Seriously, this is for your sake, you can't carelessly establish a relationship with this mantis, it could have dire consequences, besides, how can you be so sure that she loves you?"

"(She told me while she was drugged in the cemetery)."

"What!? What the hell did you do with her Hollow!"

"(I didn't do anything wrong! She complained that she had trouble sleeping and I got her some herbs...)"

"Hollow, how many times do I have to tell you that you can't give medicinal herbs to anyone without professional supervision, I bet you gave her the strongest herb you found" This time Hornet looked more concerned than angry "At least nothing bad happened to Orchid".

"(Was it very serious?)" His sister's worried expression made him sense the weight of the situation.

"It could have been. But anyway, getting back to our topic, you can't take seriously something a drugged person tells you."

"(Ogrim said the same thing, that I couldn't believe her words, but last night at the party she got drunk and started crying saying that she loved me but that she couldn't stay with me. Drunkards are always supposed to tell the truth!) .