Chapter 27: A Drunk and a Name

Orchid was stunned by the reality that Ogrim had presented to her, Hollow was interested in her and intended to make her his girlfriend that very night. The right thing to do would be to reject him but she did not feel capable of that, she also loved him and above all, she wanted him, she was not sure if she would have the willpower to deny herself everything she wanted, she definitely needed a drink, she was no longer in the mood to dance more.

She walked to the bar ignoring Hollow who was trying to get her attention, unfortunately for the vessel, another girl interpreted that his signs were for her and he had to dance with a butterfly the next piece.

The mantis approached the table and observed the different glasses with colored liquids, she did not know any of those liquors, what was prepared here had nothing to do with what was in Fungal Wastes. She decided to ask the bar manager.

"I don't know any of the drinks they serve here. What drink do you recommend?"

The bartender looked at her somewhat concerned, he belonged to the castle servants and was aware of the rumor that Orchid was there to give birth to the king's heir. He did not know if she had already conceived or if she would soon, but given the circumstances, It was not a good idea for her to drink alcohol, it could affect the offspring, so he was quick to offer her a drink that was appropriate for her supposed condition.

"I think you will like Florazno's punch a lot, it's a very pleasant aromatic drink," hhe said, pouring her a purple liquid with a piece of fruit inside.

"Thank you very much."

Orchid walked away from the bar, ignoring the nature of the drink she had been given.

This punch was a non-alcoholic drink that was prepared by boiling brandy with florazno and some spices. The florazno was a fruit from Green Lands that was characterized by its fragrant flavor and for being absorbent. When boiled it with brandy, it retained all the alcohol and expelled its aromatic oils, leaving a sweet drink with a slight bitter aftertaste, which was suitable for all types of people, even children. Of course, the alcohol did not disappear, it was contained in the fruit, but everyone knew that the fruit should not be eaten, but Orchid didn't know it.

That was a shame, the mantis was actually a very responsible person with alcohol consumption, the only time she got drunk was during her coming-of-age party, and the hangover she suffered was so horrible that she swore she would never go again to get drunk. To date she had complied, and if it had been for her, she would have continued like this.

She downed her drink and realized that it had no alcohol, she wondered if the bar keeper believed that the mantises had no alcohol resistance, but she didn't complain anyway, because the drink was so tasty she wanted another.

She ended up drinking three glasses and eating three pieces of fruit, after which she began to feel dizzy and confused. She tried to walk to where Big was standing, but it was getting harder and harder to keep her balance and elegance, until she finally ended up tripping and falling.

Fortunately for her, the one who first realized the situation was Shadow, who crouched next to her to see how she was doing.

"(Are you okay? Isn't it too early for you to get drunk?)"

"Big? It's you? Did you shrink?"

Shadow shook his head in dismay, looked around trying to find Hollow who now was very uncomfortable dancing with an obese beetle. The same thing always happened to him, the girls did not leave him alone at parties and his lack of speech did not allow him to defend himself.

He looked at the mantis that he had in his arms and decided to take her to her room, since she was no longer able to enjoy the celebration. He helped her to stand up and in return received a hug.