Chapter 39: The conflict of Pregnancy

Only peace and tranquility was breathed in the old home of the seer, which at that time was being occupied by two lovers who were sleeping peacefully after the arduous task of conceiving a life. Both rested half-covered embraced in the middle of an improvised nest of fabrics and cushions, ignorant of everything around them, they did not know of the chaos there was in the palace due to their absence, or how worried their relatives were, or the great change that their lives would have.

They slept full of happiness, but like everything in life, that beautiful moment had to come to an end and the first to come out of her comfort bubble was Orchid, who opened her eyes lazily. She felt heavy, but extremely satisfied, as if some longing or very old wish would have finally come true.

A pair of arms wrapped her waist, and in the midst of her drowsiness she limited herself to turning around and hugging the one with whom she was sharing her bed, he between dreams rubbed his face against her neck making a very tender sound.

"I'm in heaven" thought Orchid.

It was so wonderful to be able to receive cuddles from her lover, she loved it. She rubbed her tail against him, obtaining a gentle caress that drew a sigh from him. The best thing would be to calm down, if they continued like this they would end up repeating the previous night...

This was enough to wake her up at once, her eyes widened and she jerked away from from Hollow, who opened his eyes disturbed by the abrupt movement of the mantis.

"Mmm... Good morning Orchid..."

Hollow spoke, that was not a dream, the Lord of Shades turned him into a normal insect and gave him all their characteristics such as voice and reproductive organs and they had made it...

The mantis looked in terror at her tail, which was undoubtedly swollen and showed all the signs of a passionate encounter. Had that happened during her heat? Now that she noticed it, she was no longer surrounded by the typical sweet aroma of that state and she felt her mind clearer, but when the act occurred she was still in her fertile period, it was the same pheromones that made them copulate. Given the circumstances, she must now be pregnant.

Orchid screamed such that Hollow thought he would go deaf, even the shadows that swarmed the graveyard flew to hide in fear.

"Ah... What the hell is wrong Orchid..."

"You... I..." she pointed at him with a trembling claw. "We did it."

"We did it?... Ah! That, yes". A soft blush settled on his face "It was pretty"

"I don't give a shit if it was pretty! We did it during my heat! Hollow I'm pregnant!"

The realization of that reality left him frozen, just what he did not want, what for no reason he wanted was happening now, he was going to be a father

"Uh... are you sure? There is no possibility that..."

"No! This has no exceptions, if you do it during heat you will inevitably get pregnant! Why Hollow? Why did you do this? I didn't want to have children with you!"

This statement hurt him, he did not want children either, but it bothered him that her complaint was only about having them with him, as if he were some kind of disgusting creature.

"You don't have to be like that, I'm sure I can father healthy and beautiful children."

"Crossbreeds Hollow! You and I are of different species! Filthy half-breed ... I'm going to be the mother of those abominations! This can't be happening to me... No no no no! But there must be a solution... Yes... Sure, it's very easy, when the eggs come out I'll break them"