Chapter 46: Knight tears

The war between the mantises and the spiders had already broken out and it was proving to be an event as horrible as it was cruel. Corpses of bugs from both sides were added to the old carcasses from the battles of yesteryear that still remained in the field, as a reminder of the ferocity of the war, but those aged bodies were not enough to deter the bugs from taking up arms again. The supposed offense of the mantises had been too serious.

But unlike previous fights, where a lot of mindless insects succumbed to the mantis' power, the current confrontation was tilted in Deepnest's favor. The spiders were fast and skilled, little by little they were gaining ground and forcing their adversaries to retreat. Not even with the Lords fighting along with the tribe was it able to cope with the threat, or the silent knight who now looked like a bloodthirsty monster.

Actually it was not only him the problem, the spider queen and her consort were magnificent adversaries, they really underestimated them when they met them. All the mantises thought it would be an easy victory, killing the queen automatically marked the defeat of Deepnest and for that same many rushed against her seeking glory and honor, but only found pain and death.

After the first lives lost, the mantises opted for a more defensive posture, seeking to contain her and waiting for the appropriate moment to launch a deadly attack. But this did not seem to arrive, the enchanted thread of the queen was an impenetrable wall that danced at will and burned them on contact. But there was a brave male willing to take the risk of killing her and he had a plan.

Tash was determined to have the glory of victory, it was the only way for Lavender to forgive him after kidnapping her. Now he could no longer be in her presence because she immediately sought to kill him. If now she had ceased in her desire to murder him it was just because they were at war and they needed every available mantis to fight, particularly strong individuals like him.

Ready for everything, the male grabbed one of the shell from the floor and using it as a shield he launched himself at Hornet. The magic golden thread hit the dead shell and managed to cause minor burns to the mantis, but it was nothing compared to the damage taken by the corpse, this took Hornet by surprise. The flow of soul in her weapon ceased, something visible by decreasing in brightness, this was the signal Tash needed to attack. He seized the silk and ripped it apart with the edge of his claws, leaving the crossbreed vulnerable for a moment.

Hornet reacted well by putting her needle in front of herserlf in a perfect deffensive maneuver, that male was not enough to subdue her, but she did not have the ability to take care of him and at the same time pay attention to the two females that were coming over her. She lowered her defense for a moment to repel the two mantises and Tash pointed his claws at the spider's heart.

That deadly edge was approaching Hornet's chest, she caught a glimpse of it. Her life passed in front of her eyes, she thought sadly of her family and friends, her kingdom and the offspring she lost, she did not want to die, but....

Right at the last moment, the one who lurked in the shadows looking for her moment to show herself dropped. From the ceiling of that cave Ania broke off and threw herself on the mantis causing horrible damage to his chest. Tash immediately pushed her away and stepped away to reframe his offense.

The spider turned to look at her former master and her heart broke at the anger in her eyes. Hornet did not know how to feel about it, she was in front of the creature that almost killed one of her daughters, the servant who was loyal to her for so many years, who betrayed her in the worst way and who now saved her life.

The sneak attack of a mantis reminded her where she was and the situation she was living, she had no time for her personal conflicts, her priority now was to win.