Chapter 23: Looking for Calm

I never thought I would feel this for a creature like her, or for anyone really. After the Pale King saved my life that fateful day, I had decided to dedicate all my devotion to him, make him the reason for my existence, being his knight was my only wish... Until another wish got in the way. Clover, that clumsy mantis, so sweet and so fierce, so dedicated to battle and so hungry for love. The mantis society seems to be very cold and she too warm, she is always by my side crying out for my attention and that only makes her more adorable. Oh my dear Clover! This can be dangerous.

Ogrim maintains that his majesty will not approve of our relationship, it is very dangerous to be romantically involved with the enemy, and the only thing that maintains an apparent peace between our kingdoms is a treatment as delicate as a flower, a false step and blood will stain the earth. Will our romance turn into a tragedy? Given the circumstances, perhaps the best thing for us would be to flee together, to my homeland. I would love to show her the beautiful field of flowers that surrounds my town, I have brought some seeds that I have started to cultivate, but it will never be the same as seeing that idyllic landscape.

However, before leaving, Clover has expressed her desire to say goodbye to her people, it is a fair thing, leaving the country and the family is not something simple. In a few days, when everything is ready, we will go to my homeland.

My beloved king, please forgive me, forgive my selfishness and my lies, I will not stay by your side until the end as I said. I go with my beloved to a far and safe place, where the influence of the goddess does not reach us . I wish with all my heart that her kingdom prosper, even if I am no longer in it.

.................................................. .

Hollow sighed as he read the last entry in Ze'mer's diary. The knight undoubtedly wrote much better than she spoke, she had related in a beautiful way how step by step the relationship between her and Clover had emerged, it was a very beautiful story, full with feelings. But the story ended at this point, when they both decided to go together to another kingdom, it seemed the perfect ending to a love story, unfortunately he knew the epilogue.

When they went to bid farewell to the mantis, the tribe would not accept their relationship due to the knight's foreign nature and would murder Clover. Ze'mer thanks to her talent and strength would manage to escape, but she would not return to her position as defender of the king, she would seclude herself in the farthest corner of the kingdom behind Restlands, where she would spend her last years crying for her love.

He closed the diary and left it in its place, at that moment he only wanted to distract his mind thinking about anything happy, but having taken the diary of the knight was not a good idea, now he felt hid mood more gloomy than before. The reminder of Clover's sad fate was the harbinger of the bleak future that awaited Orchid if she became romantically involved with him, but of course Hollow didn't want her to die. He couldn't allow it! He couldn't fail again!

He was unable to save Myla, and although he was able to free Scarlet and her father from their bondage to the nightmare heart, the price to pay was their memories. As a knight he was useless at crucial moments. What good was a knight who could not help a damsel in distress? The worst part is that Scarlet seemed to have some kind of problem that required the dream nail, and he couldn't help her, the winged furball had vanished along with his only chance of hearing from them.

Now to make matters worse, the only thing he could do when he woke up and realized his situation was to start crying in the most pathetic way, he even ignored Orchid when she called him and as a coward he went to hide in Ze'mer's refuge, where the mantis could not find him.