Chapter 45: Rematch

A new day began in that underground world full of wonders and curious insects, but this day all that would be overshadowed by death and violence.

In that territory that marked the boundary between Deep Nest and the mantis village, two armies had gathered, one on each side, representing each people that was going to fight.

That place was perfect for the massacre that would take place, decorated with the corpses of the battles fought in the past, although this time there was a fundamental difference, the enemies of the mantises were weavers, thinking insects capable of elaborating strategies and raising the level of difficulty.

Ignorant of this, the mantises would have had full confidence in their ability to win, however their condition was not the most optimal and they knew it, but their innate stubbornness denied them the possibility of looking for another solution.

They did not know why Deep Nest had declared war on them, but they did not question it, if they had to fight, they would fight. In addition, this conflict had served to unite them, because due to the war they all forgot their differences and opposing ideas, they all submitted to the command of the Lords to fight against the enemies.

Lily and Lavender were at the head of their army, they were not well, they were exhausted, both physically and psychologically, but for the others, they looked as strong and confident as ever. Or so they tried to pretend, but their facade almost fell when they spotted the silent warrior among the enemies.

How to deal with that knight? He defeated them when he was child and now as an adult his power would be even more devastating, they also didn't have Orchid. What would become of them?

From the Deep Nest side, Hornet also analyzed the enemy side and was surprised that there were only two Lords.

"Look Hollow, there are only two Lords. Where would the third be?" She asked her brother.

"Who knows."

Hornet was never very good at remembering people's faces, it was common for her to forget those she saw only once, because of that she was not able to recognize Orchid, especially if she did not wear her royal crown.

"Hey... It's funny... Now that I take a good look at them, the Lords look a bit like Orchid."

"Do you just realize now?" Quirrel exclaimed. "Wait, are you going to tell me you never knew Orchid's identity?"

"Orchid's identity? Uh... Don't tell me that... Why didn't you ever tell me?"

"I thought that everyone knew it and since nobody said anything, well... I assumed that it was a fact accepted by all and that there was no problem."

"But... But..." She suddenly became aware of an extremely uncomfortable reality. "Oh no! I've been disrespectful to a Lord Mantis! AND... AND... HOLLOW YOU WERE IRRESPONSIBLY, AND GET PREGNANT A LORD!"

"But, but, I thought that was an already finished topic," the bug stammered.

"But you never told me who she really was! I am going to kill you!"

"Again?"

At that moment the horn that started the fight sounded and the two masses of bugs that were waiting for their moment rushed towards the battlefield.

......................................

On another battlefield, one much smaller and overgrown, two other individuals were preparing for their own combat to the death.

The hunter analyzed his prey with delight, she looked much more determined than the previous time, where he perceived a downcast spirit in her that did not allow her to get her full potential, which disappointed him to a great extent. But all that had been left behind, now this mantis looked like another one, a much stronger and more fun to hunt.