𓆉 𝚃𝚆𝙾

Ahn Minji

They're always like this when im sleeping! Don’t my so called friends know that I also need beauty sleep? My forehead furrowed at the water I felt on my feet. I also feel that what I'm lying on is so hot, it's like it's not a bed but soft. That's weird...wait a minute!

I slowly opened my eyes, but also closed them quickly because of the intensity of the sunlight. If I can see the sky, does that mean I’m here on the shore?! I sat down and reopened my eyes and the blue ocean unfolded to me.

There came back all my memories of the unpleasant things that happened last night. That time when I fall into the deep ocean seemed to give me trauma, I gradually moved away from the sea in front of me.

I will never forgive them for what they made me do, they just want me to disappear from their lives. And I'm this fool who followed what they told me to do even though I knew they were just jealous of me. Except for Huh Yunjin, if she's not asleep last night I’m sure she will stop them.

I looked below me and saw that I was still wearing the life jacket, thank you for that because I was rescued from drowning or worse death. I looked around and all I could see was pure water. 

"Where the hell am I?" I whispered to myself, then turned around to see a concrete staircase. I stared at it for a long time, it looks like someone lives on this island. What if it's a camp of cannibals?!

"Help! Help!" I shouted as I think of possible things that could happen on this unknown island, but what is the point of shouting if no one can hear me?

What if I climbed that staircase? There's nothing wrong with that, is there? I walked closer to it and slowly go up each step. When I got to the top I couldn’t believe what I saw.

All I saw was a large white mansion, it has a  high gateway, with coconut trees surrounding, and a large swimming pool in front of it. I feel like I'm in heaven! What if i'm really in heaven already? Because I fell on the boat last night  .... Oh my god I think I'm dead !!

And at least I was in heaven, I laughed out loud but it was also wiped away when a coconut fell right in front of me, it's a good thing it didn't hit my foot. God doesn't seem to agree that I would go to heaven if not to hell!

"I'm sorry, God. Please don't hit me with coconuts." I bowed then touched the handle of the gate and I was lucky because it was open. I immediately went in and approached the swimming pool.

I looked at the blue water and looked at the reflection of my face "Nothing has changed, still beautiful as always." I took a deep breath then removed the life jacket, I placed it on the ground.

I looked again at the white mansion and was impressed with its size. But our house is even bigger. Maybe introverts live here and decided to stay away from people but nice location I must say. But who really lives here?

"That question can only be answered when I go inside." I mumbled moreover without hesitation to run towards the large door of the mansion.

I pushed open the door and peeked inside first to make sure it was safe. I didn't see anyone so I went in, why are they leaving their house open? What if a thief gets in? or a trespasser?

I chuckled "Like me, i'm a trespasser. " I said to myself then examined the interior of the house.

The scheme inside is also pure white, whether a couch or curtain. There is also a chandelier in the very center of the ceiling. And the most beautiful for me are the windows that gives a wonderful view of the swimming pool and the vast sea.

"I want to live here, I hope this house is abandoned!" I smiled but suddenly I heard my stomach growled. I remembered that I haven't eaten since last night. I saw some fruits on the coffee table so I immediately went there and took a banana.

"Where is the kitchen here?" I wondered as I ate the banana, I took two more bananas and looked around in every corner of the house. But my eyes stopped at a picture frame. 

Because I became curious I approached it without a second thought.

I looked up and saw a lovely family, a handsome father and a beautiful mother, they had a child. I stared at the boy and he looked familiar to me but I don't know where I saw him.

I looked down at the engraved text on the frame "Sim Family." I whispered as I tried to recall that surname. I always hear that from Dad. But I'm not interested in politics so I don't remember anything.

I was about to search the kitchen but I jumped in shock to see a creamy colored dog "Ahhhh!" I ran onto the couch and stood on top of it. I threw the banana peel at the dog.

"Arf! Arf! Arf!" The dog kept barking at me, probably because she was alarmed by an unfamiliar person at her owner's house.

The dog was about to jump on the couch so I quickly moved away and took a deep breath. This is also one of my weaknesses! The dogs!

"Arf! Arf! Arf! Arf!"

I smiled at the dog "You're a good girl aren't you?" I asked the dog as if they will answer. I saw that the dog became silent so I was relieved "How about don't approach me? I'm not a bad person...." I looked at an orange on the table and took it "Catch!" I threw the orange in the direction of the dog.

But that only caused her to bark at me again "Arf! Arf! Arf! Arf!"

I sighed then glared at the dog "Do I look like a thief to you? You're such a bad dog!" I shouted.

"Who are you? You have no right to shout at Layla!" I heard a young man's voice exclaimed so I quickly looked at him.

My jaw dropped when I saw the young man, as if I was frozen in my position. He was a very handsome man, obviously has a foreigner descent. Of all the men I saw, he was probably the only one who passed my standards.

Even though he's frowning at my presence, he became even more handsome, as if I wanted to thank my friends for what they made me do that resulted for me meeting this guy.

I need to show him my charm, I want him to be my boyfriend! Gosh.

I laughed shyly. "I'm sorry if I shouted at your dog, actually she scared me." I saw that he was still frowning but now his arms were crossed.

"But I think so that ..." I looked around then got off the couch and approached him "I'm in heaven! Praise God for giving me this handsome guardian angel." I dramatically closed my eyes and folded my hands.

I opened my eyes and then placed my palms on his cheeks "As my guardian angel, I hope you will be my boyfriend too." I mumbled then brought my face closer to him but he pushed me which resulted in me lying down on the couch.

"You're not just a thief, you're also delusional. Wait, let me call the police." The guy took some rope then approached me. He took my two wrists that make me alarmed.

"Wait!" I yelled while he's tying my wrists "I'm not a thief and especially I'm not delusional, thank yourself that you're handsome. If you don't, i'll accuse you of violence against woman."

The young man looked at me and laughed "You're really out of your mind, do you? Did you just escape from the mental hospital? Just explain to the police. Okay?" He's glaring at me while pressing at the telephone.