𓆉 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝚂𝙸𝚇

As Minji forgave Jake, a newfound determination surged within them.

They sat in a cozy café, sipping their drinks, their conversation focused on a plan to bring Jeonji, Minji's stepfather, to justice and secure her freedom.

"Don't worry, we will find a way. You know I'm always here." Jake assured her and vowing to support her every step of the way.

Minji's heart swelled with gratitude, her eyes filled with a mix of hope and uncertainty. "What about my brother and me?" she asked softly, her voice tinged with concern. "What will happen to us? Where will we live?"

Jake looked at her earnestly, his gaze unwavering. "Minji, I promise you that I'll take care of you and your older brother. We'll find a safe place for you to live, away from all the darkness. You won't have to worry about anything."

"Thank you so much, I don't know what I would do without you." Minji felt a wave of relief wash over her.

She trusted Jake, believed in his words, and knew that together they would navigate the challenges that lay ahead. As they continued their conversation, their bond grew stronger, intertwining their lives in a shared purpose.

In the midst of their discussion, the owner of the café approached their table, a warm smile on her face.

"I want to give the both of you of my new specialty, don't worry it's free."  She chuckled as she placed a beautifully decorated cake in front of them, an unexpected gesture of kindness.

Minji glanced up at the lady, a strange familiarity stirring within her, as if she had seen her before.

Curiosity piqued, Minji mustered the courage to speak. "Excuse me, but you look so familiar. Have we met before?"

The lady's eyes glistened with emotion as she looked into Minji's face. Her voice trembled slightly as she replied, "Minji, my dear, it's been so long."

It was then that Minji realized the truth, her heart skipping a beat—this lady was her true mother if she is not mistaken.

Minji's eyes widened, her breath caught in her throat. "What..?"

She had spent years wondering about her birth mother, longing for a connection she had never known. Now, fate had brought them together in the most unexpected way.

Tears welled up in Minji's eyes as she reached out to hold her mother's hands, a mix of emotions overwhelming her. "I've always felt a void, a missing piece within me. I never knew it was because I longed for you, my mother."

Her mother, overwhelmed with emotion, cupped Minji's face tenderly. "My precious daughter, I have missed you every day since we were separated. I've searched for you and your brother tirelessly, praying that one day we would be reunited."

"But why did you leave us?" Minji asked "I need an explanation."

"Right now, I can't tell." Her mother chuckled sadly "It's a long a story and I'm not ready yet. Let's wait until your Hyeongseop oppa is with you, okay?" Her mother caressed her daughter's cheek "Soon, you will know everything."

Minji and her mother embraced, tears mingling with joy, as the weight of their separation began to lift. In that moment, Minji felt a deep sense of belonging, as if the missing puzzle piece of her life had finally been found.

As the evening turned into night, Jake accompanied Minji to her stepfather's grand mansion. They stood at the gate, bathed in the soft glow of the moon, a sense of serenity enveloping them.

"I'm happy for you that you met your mother, but are you sure it's her?" 

Minji sighed "Jake, you've probably seen how much she looks like me, haven't you? Besides, I'm sure she's my mother, I can feel it in my heart."

"You know I noticed that you are no longer the Minji I met on that island." He laughed teasing her.

She frowned "Don't mention that please."

"I'm sorry, I promise I won't mention that again." Jake's voice, filled with tenderness, whispered sweet words to Minji, reassuring her of their shared journey and their unwavering love.

Minji gazed into Jake's eyes, gratitude and love shining brightly. She knew that her path was still filled with challenges, but she felt a newfound strength knowing that she wasn't alone.

In that moment, Minji understood that her story was far from over. It was a tale of resilience, redemption, and the power of love to heal even the deepest wounds.