𓆉 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴

"You broke your promise, I really hate you Jake!"

Those words kept repeating in Jake's mind. Words, he admits that he truly deserves. For what else did he promise? If he will break that promise too. 

"Really, you won't give me to him?"

"Of course Minji"

With a hard look, he scoffed at the promises he made before. "Really, Jake? What kind of answer is that, you called him yourself."

"Do you think she will forgive you? Probably not! Don't get your hopes up." He pulled his hair in annoyance and then knocked his head softly against the wall.

"Aish. This is driving me crazy." He was about to knock his head again when he heard Layla next to him barking nonstop, worried about her owner.

Layla tilted her head, then licked Jake's cheeks.

"What the- " He felt the wetness of his cheeks as he widely grinned. "As expected from you, whenever I'm really sad, you're always there."

He embraced Layla tightly, the smiles never disappearing from his lips. Same with his dog who nuzzles her head to him more.

"Thank you, Layla. Somehow the sadness I feel has lessened. Love you, my girl." He kissed the head of the dog whose tail was wagging in joy because of the affection.

"Have you eaten yet? I'll just prepare your bowl in a moment." Jake stood up to get his pet's food but when he returned, Layla was gone. 

"That girl." He shook his head, remembering someone. "You're just like your mother." He laughed silently as he remembered the girl who addressed Layla as her daughter.

He took out his phone to call his father, but his father suddenly called, ahead of him. He accepted the call and waited for his father to say something.

"Jaeyun? I thought you wouldn't do it. It's already on the news, Minji is back home."

"Dad, I'm going home tomorrow."

"Why? Summer break isn't over yet, has your plan changed?"

"It's boring here. I miss you and Mom too."

"You really can't resist us." His father laughed. "Oh okay, I'll let someone pick you up there. Just prepare your things."

"Got it Dad, thank you. Go to sleep, it's late now. Goodbye."

"Yeah, it's already late. You too, sleep after getting your things ready. Bye."

Jake sighed as he put his phone down, he went to the gallery and saw the photo they took while canoeing. Those are two photos, the first one is them together. The second was Minji alone, smiling under the sun.

He will make sure that before he left that island he had to print it, he would never forget her adorable wish. Too bad she's not there anymore to see it herself.

He took a deep breath and went to where their printer was.

°°°

"Are all your things ready, Jake?"  Ms. Jo asked as she checked her own suitcase.

"Yes. There is nothing left in my room." He chuckled while holding Layla's leash.

"Then let's leave now."

"Wait a minute." Jake let go of the leash and took the two picture frames. "Ms. Jo. You stay there for a moment, I'll just put this."

He walked towards the wall where the memories of his family on that island were located. He looked at the frame in his hands, smiling. Delighted at the memory they shared.

He first hung the photo where the two of them were together. In the middle of the sea, with gloomy weather, a flirty smile from the girl staring at him that could tell she was head over heels for him.

After that he hung the next frame, he then caressed it. The girl who used to live with him under the same roof was smiling as her eyes disappeared in a pleasant and attractive way. A peace sign with her right hand completing the look.

"Cute." Jake snickered.

He moved a little further to observe the wall. As if, their picture frames were missing pieces. Only now has it become more pleasant to look at. It was as if they were the missing pieces.

He looked at his watch and his eyes widened "Oh, sheesh. I'm late." With one last longing gaze at the wall, he quickly went back to Ms. Jo.

"Are you done or..?" Mrs. Jo asked a little bored, because Jake took a little longer.

"I'm done, let's go before we miss our flight." He carried his suitcase outside, while holding Layla's leash and put him inside the dog crate.

They immediately boarded the familiar white ferry boat. The guard Kei was left on the island because he was the one who would watch over there until Mr. Sim ordered him to return to Seoul.

Two hours later, they were already on the plane. Jake put on his headphones, jamming to songs while Layla was left in the cargo area with the other pets.

Jake looked out the window to see the vast ocean below. It was exceptionally blue that day with a slight green undertone. The surface looked as though it was covered with millions of diamonds crashing with the waves.

He remembered the sand in between his feet, like standing on a coarse cloud that he could just soak into.

As he was staring at it for a long time, it was as if the ocean was talking and wanted him to go back to their island.

He frowned and shook his head, he immediately lowered the window shades and closed his eyes.

The truth is that he makes up his mind that he will never go back to what he considers Haven Island.

"I will never, ever go back there."

He sighed, because of the tiredness he felt and fell asleep. And since the school year is almost there, he still needs to find his drongo and apologize.