Warning

REMEMBER TO FOLLOW AND VOTE THE STORY IF YOU LIKE IT, ALSO IF ANY ARTIST WANTS TO MAKE A FAN ART, WRITE TO ME PLZ, I WANNA SEE IT!! REMEMBER TO JOIN MY DISCORD SERVER AND SUPPORT ME ON PATREON IF YA WANT TO! =^_^=

Discord: Check my bio for the link.

Link Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Gatta_Gamer00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y-you've gotta be kidding me..." Shane breathed out, dropping his coffee mug, causing it to shatter upon hitting the floor in his room.

Shane was staring in awe at the screen of his computer, specifically, at the email that had just popped up in his inbox. An email from the people of the shady-ass offer from a while ago. He had sent them the finished product they requested, aka the virus, after a few days. Spending an excruciating long time bashing his head on the keyboard, fixing every little problem and making sure there was nothing wrong with it, he didn't want it to end up malfunctioning when they booted it up.

Especially since, in case that did happen, he could very much end up having a bounty placed on him or a hitman that would come hunt him down. He wouldn't really feel safe walking his little sister to school if he knew that he basically had a target on his back. In fact, he reckoned he wouldn't feel safe setting foot out of his room at all. So, in order to avoid this dangerous circumstance, he made sure to triple and quadruple check everything down to the smallest detail before hitting the send button.

He sent it late into the night, around 3 or 4 am, and when he woke up the next morning, after he went to grab his morning coffee in order to function, because, let's face it, no one can even solve a simple 2+2 problem before they had at the very least a cup first. He noticed that he had forgotten to turn the computer off, and that's when he saw the email.

Mr. Shane Williams.

We are very grateful for the service you've provided us. As promised, the payment has been deposited in the account you've provided us. We thank you for your work and kindly ask to never reach out to us ever again or mention this interaction with anyone, we hope you understand the reason of why. 

Furthermore, we strongly encourage you to delete any trace of this and other previous interaction you've had with us, of course, we'll do the same on our end. This email account and the internet site where you've found the information about us has been terminated as well, so there's no use in trying to search for it any longer. We will not reveal to you what our business is, but rest assured, we won't be interfering with your private life as a thank you for helping us. 

Oh, one last thing. You might want to keep that friend of yours at bay, next time we find him poking his nose in our affairs, we won't leave him off with just a warning.

Best regards. S.

Shane snapped back to reality the second he read the last two lines, he slapped on a pair of jeans, a hoodie and darted out of his house, not even bothering grabbing the keys. He started running towards Alex's house at top speed, the cold wind of December hitting him as hard as a firm brick wall, making his eyes water. But for once he was grateful, it helped him wake up completely and focus on running faster.

"Please" he begged "Please be safe" he zoomed through the empty road, the freshly fallen snow crunching under his feet as he passed by, leaving few and far in between footprints from how fast he was running. Shane didn't think he had ever ran as fast as he was right now in his entire life. He had run out of his house without even grabbing a coat and it was starting to weight on him now. His throat felt both on fire and freezing, not to mention that his whole body was giving him signs that it was about to shut down any second now. But he bared his teeth and pushed through it, he couldn't allow himself to collapse, not before he made sure Alex was fine. He had to be fine!