Prologue: When fate comes knocking

Kanto, Viridian Forest.

In Kanto, lies a place filled with mostly Bug types. Most people would have went back to their houses and call it a day. But one particular trainer is out here all alone with his best partner sleeping peacefully.

"Pika......Pika..." Pikachu was on his trainer's lap taking a nap. Meanwhile his trainer was currently thinking about something else.

Few hours ago...

Ash was making his way back from the Pokemon World Championship Finals. Having tied with Leon, which surprised everyone seeing as there is someone out there that could be on an equal footing with the Champion of Galar and the first time ever.

Ash went to the Pokémon Centre to check on his team. He had told Goh to head back to Cerise Laboratory.

Nurse Joy: Thank you for waiting, your pokemon have been restored to full health. We hope you come back soon.

"Thanks Nurse Joy" Said Ash who picked up his Pokéballs as Pikachu jumped onto his shoulder.

Ash: Come on Buddy! Let's get back and see everyone back at the ranch.

Pikachu: Pika-Pika!

As Ash walk back home through Route 1. He begins to reminisce about his adventures since the beginning of his journey. From meeting Ho-Oh, stopping criminal organisations, winning the Alola League, and making friends around the world.

He especially thanked his travelling companions. They were special to him since they were always by his side, or so he thought, would not let each other down.

He was snapped back into reality when he heard a loud cry coming high in the air.

"Huh?" Confused, Ash looked at the direction of the sound and soon saw a fast figure heading towards him at the speed of sound.

Before he knew it, he was tackled onto the ground being embraced between the wings of a big bird.

"Oof!"

"Pika-Kachu!"

"Geot!"

Pikachu greeted the bird with majestic golden and red hair.

" No way! Pidgeot, is that you!?"

"PID!" He received a nod.

Ash: Heya girl, how have you been. Are the rest of the flock alright?

Pidgeot replied with a few words and soon pointed it's beak toward the sky. Ash could see that there were the flock Pidgeot had protected years ago. Now there were more Pidgeot along with some Pidgeotto that were surrounding the newer generations within the flock.

"Geot! PidGeot!" Pidgeot then pointed at one of the Pokéballs on his belt making Ash realized what she was on about.

Ash: Wait! You want to join my team?

"Geot!" She gave him a nod before squawking at her flock letting them what she was doing. The flock understood her decision and soon made a few noise back at her before leaving toward south to find a new home.

Ash stood silent for a second before a smile appeared on his face. He took out a Pokéball out of his bag, but this particular ball looked old and has a few scratch marks on it.

Ash: Here, I kept it for this occasion.

Ash held her old Pokéball infront of her as she tapped the button with her beak.
Pidgeot was absorbed into the Pokéball without struggle as the ball immediately signalled that the capture was successful without shaking three times.