Event 4: Good Cold times

December, the month where it is always winter, snowflakes falling down, building up masses. It also the last month before the arrival of a new year.

Stalls were set up on the streets with small piles of remaining snow left.

Ash: ( Walking through the bustling crowd ) Oh wow, it sure is getting lively here, isn't buddy?

Pikachu: Pika-pika chu ( Eating a candy apple )

???1: Hey Ash, Sorry we took so long.

???2: Did we made you wait?

Ash turned around to see Serena and Lillie wearing a Kimono along with a mask each, inspired by the winter snow. Beside both of them were two ice type Pokémon, Froslass and Glaceon.

 Beside both of them were two ice type Pokémon, Froslass and Glaceon

Ash: You guys made it

Lillie: (Takes off her mask) Of course we would, we were the ones who invited you.

Serena: How do we look?

Ash: You both look fantastic, but when did you caught those Pokémon?

Serena: (Saddens a bit) It's a ... well ... About the time you ran away, and while I was trying to get away from them as far as possible...

Ash: Shh, it's okay. They're not here so don't worry about them.

Serena: Thanks...

Lillie: My turn I guess, a few months ago I received an egg from Professor Oak here, he was giving a lecture about Eevee and their evolutions.

Ash: Let's have a look around, I'm sure we won't get another chance until next year if we keep standing here. ( Starts running)

Serena: Ash, wait up! We can't run while wearing these!

Lillie: Last one there has to pay for the snacks! ( Starts walking in a faster pace )

Serena: Hey wait up!

As they looked around, they played many games and tried different snacks. But they weren't the only ones having fun since Ash left some of the Pokémon that wanted to have fun, mainly the smaller ones. We see at the play ground that Pikachu was riding the slide prepared for Sync Pairs Pokémon, Serena's Pancham was playing tag with Sylveon as Oshawott was behind them. It was quite lively with more Pokémon around to keep them busy.

After what seems like forever, they stood in an empty observation deck, there were other similar locations with Sync Pairs on them, All of them were waiting for the main attraction. Ash was leaning on the rails as Serena and Lillie were talking.

Lillie: (Talking with Serena) - and that's when- ( Looks at Ash) Ash? Are you alright?

Ash: Yeah, I'm okay...

Serena: ( Stands up ) Ash ... It's okay for you to tell us.

Ash: It doesn't concern you.

Serena: Ash, you're acting like that time you lost to Wulfic, are you really fine.

Ash: ... ( Sigh ) I've been thinking, would things have happened if I had beaten Leon, would I've really be here by now.

The girls: ...

Serena: ( Walks back ) Froslass! (Sends her out)

Lillie: Glaceon! ( Sends out Glaceon)

Ash:. Huh? ( Turns around ) What are you two doing?

Serena: Shadow ball!

Lillie: Ice beam!

Froslass conjured three spheres of Shadow Ball before launching them into the air, Glaceon jumped up and froze them effortlessly. 

"Ominous Wind!/Blizzard!"

Both ice types conjured strong winds and caused the frozen Shadow Ball to move around in a circular motion as the snowflakes from Blizzard refracted the light of Ominous Wind.

Serena: Hex!

Lillie: Aurora Veil!

Since Hex work well because of the Frozen effect on Shadow Balls, they exploded and ice crystal spread in the air, along with an Aurora in the scene.

Lillie: You were the one who inspired use, to choose our own future.

Serena: Ash... What already happened can't be change.

Lillie: All we can do is keep moving forward.

Serena: Never Give up till it's over, right?

Ash looks at them before he heard a firework goes off, soon followed by the rest as different images of different Pokémon appeared in the air.

The three of them looked up into the air. Ash unconsciously grab hold both of their hand when they stood by him.

While it's true he had suffered a bit, but he's here today because of them believing in him. He smiled as they stood there, watching the display of lights the midnight sky. Wondering what the future holds for him.

___________________________________________

Happy New Year, and yes this chapter is rushed, I still have Writer's block so I hope you all wait.