Chapter 13: A Past Trauma

With the Pokémon Masters League coming in a few weeks, Ash is now training his team for upcoming match against the third Leader. However, Ash would have to do it later as an emergency arised.

Trista, Ash and Serena made it to the Medical Bay to witness a mess. Some of the walls crumbled apart, with a few still standing. The strange thing was that it only happened to one room as the rest just had cracks from the explosion.

Entering the room they see that a huge hole was made on the wall. What made Ash worried was that this was the room that Gible was resting in.

Trista: Oh my, what happened!

Ash went to hole to find more clues. When he looked outside, the only thing he saw was a large hole on ground, the diameter was slightly longer than his height.

Serena: Did someone stole a Pokémon!

Ash: They can't have gotten far, I'll head first!

Serena: Ash wai-

Before Serena finished her sentence, Ash leap into the hole. He landed perfectly fine before he started to run deeper in the tunnel. Pikachu went after him while both Ralts teleported their way down to continue onward.

Trista: Let's go back, I'll have to inform Lear about this.

Trista turn around to report the incident while Serena looked down the hole before following Trista.

___________________________________________

Back with Ash, he was fortunate that Jubel pick up Flash from her lesson by Noctowl. Both Ralts have already decided what they wanted to evolve into. Jubel decided to evolve into a Gardevoir while her brother wishes to evolve into a Gallade. How Ash is going to get a Dawn Stone will have to wait as he doing his best to find his missing Gible.

In the back of Ash's mind he was furious, wondering who had the nerve to steal one of his Pokémon, his trusted teammate, his friend. As he kept running he soon felt the tunnel moving upward. Marching out of the dark cave, his brown iris adjusted to the bright sunlight as Jubel dimmed down her glow.

All he could see he was in some part Pasio with ruins around the place. Wasting no time, he began to look around to find the culprit.

Ash: I hope you're alright Gible...

He looked around for a while before he heard some shouting on the other side of the ruins. Ash made his way towards and soon find the source.

There were about 6 Team Rocket Grunts surrounding an abnormally large Gabite with glowing red eyes.

TRG: Surround it! It won't last much longer!

Some of them returned their fainted Pokémon and sent out new ones.

TRG: Koffing, Smog!/ Ekans, hit it with Poison Fang!/ Raticate! Use Super Fang!

An Ekans slithered across the ground reach the large Gabite before opening it's fangs glowing purple as purple gas diffuses through the air and enters Gabite's lungs. Whichever move hit didn't matter as they had successfully poisoned it. Raticate soon leaped up into the air and used Super Fang, which ignores Gabite Health and Defense reducing his remaining energy by half. The poison soon kick in lowering it's health further. Not long it fell to the ground weaken.

Seeing the Strange Gabite struggling Ash charged forward and stood in front of Gabite facing the Rocket Grunts.

Ash: Pikachu use Electroweb!

Leaping off of Ash's shoulder, Pikachu spun in the air and created an electrical net and hurl it onto the grunts Pokémon.

Ash: Leave this Gabite alone!