Event 2: All Aboard The Victory Train

Today, Ash was hanging out with Gladion as Lillie and Serena went on a shopping trip. Just then, they overheard a conversation from someone else nearby.

Calem: What? The Battle Mines is open again?

Lucas: Right, Dawn and Barry mentioned that they faced the Subway Bosses last year. Scottie and Bettie were one of the few teams that beat them.

Ash: Hey! Excuse me?

Calem: Oh hey, It's Ash and Gladion. What's up?

Gladion: We heard what you guys were talking about, what's The Battle Mines?

Calem: It's basically like the Battle Subway, but it's located here on Pasio instead. Ingo and Emmet arrived here last year and decided to make it so that everyone can have some fun battling.

Ash: Ingo and Emmet huh, been a while since I last heard those names.

Gladion: You know them?

Ash: Right, I fought them once back in Unova. Man their Elektross and Chandelure were strong.

Lucas: That's right, those were the Pokémon they use at the Battle Subway, but here they use Excadrill and Archeops.

Calem:You seem to know a lot about them Lucas?

Lucas: Oh, Hilda wouldn't stop talking about them,. Pretty sure I have them down in my memory.

Ash: How about we go there together?

Calem: Thanks, but I have a meet-up with Cynthia soon.

Lucas: Sorry, I can't right now. Kris wanted to ask something involving Dialga. But I can't help as if I'm forgetting something...

Calem: Meh, it'll probably come around. We'll join you after we're done with our errands.

Ash: Oh okay, see you all later.

Calem: Yeah.

And so Ash and Gladion went to look The Battle Mines.

___________________________________________

A few hours later, Ash and Gladion... Are currently lost in a cave. It was quite lit with the crystals around with some light coming through the holes around the place, with some plant life growing, add some Pokémon and it would have appeared as a natural habitat for them.

Gladion: And you are sure she said it was this way?

Ash: I mean yeah, Trista said it was in the cave on this mountain.

Gladion: And by that she means not just any Cave at the foot of the mountain, right?

Ash: Eh he he, well...

Gladion looked towards Pikachu and asked. "Does this always happen?" Pikachu replied by giving him a nod.

Gladion: Right, remind me to get proper information before we head out.

Ash: But how do we get out of here?

Gladion: Should be easy, we'll just-

He was cut off when an earthquake occurred. Ash and Gladion were shaken by the vibrations as a wall nearby collapsed. Out came the Subterrene Pokémon, Excadrill, followed behind by the First Bird Pokémon, Archeops. Behind them were two trainers wearing identical clothes with only the main colours were different.

???: My, quite the scenery down here. Isn't it, Emmet?

Emmet: Why certainly Ingo, seems we have arrived at our destination.

Ingo: The expansion for the Battle Mines are right on track. This seems to be a perfect place for- Hang on? Who are you two?

Ash: Uh Hi, I'm Ash, and this my partner Pikachu. And he's Gladion.