Chapter 11: Soaring high, a battle in the sky!

A new day arrives on Pasio as Ash is heading out to face the PML leader to obtain his second badge.

The only thing that is stopping him now is that he can't find where and who the second Leader was.

He was now in an open field after leaving the dense forest.

"They should probably add more signs here." Ash muttered as he was looking around and saw a familiar individual resting nearby.

It was a girl who had red hair where one side was tied standing up with two longer hair on the front. She wore gloves and boots and has a small pouch around her right leg. It was Skyla, the Flying Type Gym Leader from Unova.

Ash: Oh good, maybe I can ask her for some directions.

Ash walked up to Skyla who was busy humming a tune with her eyes closed.

Ash: Hey!? Excuse me?

Skyla: Huh?

Skyla lifted one eye to see who it was and saw him. She stood up brush the dirt and grass off of her before looking back at Ash.

Skyla: Hello there, haven't seen you around here?

Ash: Right, I'm Ash Ketchum. You're Skyla right?

Skyla: Right you are. So what can I do to help you?

Ash: I was hoping you know where I'd find the second PML Leader for my next badge?

Skyla: Oh, well that's easy!

___________________________________________

Ash: I wonder if every PML Leader I meet are going to be asleep or resting when I arrive...

Skyla: Can you blame us? Not many challengers come to us these days so we got nothing to do but to wait.

Ash and Skyla are currently at an open space where the battle take place. Skyla has suggested them to have a normal traditional battle with 4 Pokémon each since her teammates were taking a break so they both agreed to battle one Pokémon at a time.

Skyla: So? Are you ready?

Ash: You bet I am, my team and I are going to give it our all!

Pikachu: Pika-Pika!

"I see, then let's begin!" She says as she and Ash held a Pokéball in their hands, they both threw their Pokéballs out.

On Skyla's side a white Swan with blue feathers on it's chest emerged. Whereas Ash sent out an orange canine with rocks coming out of its neck.

Ash: Let's do this Lycanroc!

Skyla: That's a cool Pokémon you have there, but we won't go down that easily.

Ash: We'll see. Lycanroc! Let's start with Accelerock!

Skyla: Quick, get up high!

Swanna flapped her wings and took off to the sky as Lycanroc blitzed to where she was.

Ash: Knock it back down with Rock Throw!

It was unfortunate that the Rockruff line couldn't learn Smack Down, so Ash settled with the next best thing, throw a rock at the flying swan.

Lycanroc created some rocks before knocking them into the sky.

Skyla: Dodge them all and use Wing Attack!

With gracefulness, Swanna maneuver past the rocks and made it's way to Lycanroc.

Ash just waited for the Swan Pokémon to appear infront of Lycanroc.