Chapter 1: An Opportunity

After telling Professor Oak and Tracey what happened, they were not happy at the moment.

Tracey: I can't believe it, they just want you to quit your dreams! They can't just do that to someone like you.

Prof. Oak: I agree, the world has been a better place whenever you stepped in solving problems. It would have probably been destroyed or being ruled over at some point if you didn't intervened.

Ash: Yeah, thanks for listening to me, I needed to get it of my chest.

Prof. Oak: With that said, what are you going to do now?

"Huh?" As the two boys turned to look at the professor with a questioning look.

"They'll probably be looking for you to try and make you stop. And they'll probably go through any means to do it"

Ash eyes widen as he realised what the professor was going to say.

Ash: You're saying they're gonna hurt my mo- Oh no! She's still back at home!

Prof. Oak: We need to-

As he was going to finish talking, Ash's mother came running into the lab.

Delia: Ash, my baby boy! You're alright!

Ash: You're alright as well, did the others try and hurt you?

Tracey looked over at Professor Oak and said.

"You think she didn't notice how a battle suddenly occurred at her backyard?"

"Can you blame me, you know how clueless women can be when left alone in the kitchen."

Delia: Ash, why are all your friends on the ground asleep? Did something happened?

Ash: Yeah... About that.

Delia soon learned what had happened in the time she was inside the house and coming back out seeing everyone knocked out while Ash was on Pidgeot flying towards the lab.

Delia: I can't believe, they try to-

Ash: Mom it's okay, I'm fine. But I'm worried that they'll hurt you to get back at me.

Prof. Oak: Well in that case, she can move in here, there's a couple of spare rooms for all your stuff.

Ash: Is that really okay?

Prof. Oak: Why of course. I see Delia as a daughter of mine while you're like another grandson.

Tracey: What about me professor?

"Well you are like a son to me after helping me around the ranch with the Pokémon around here." Oak said as Tracey was flattered.

Delia: Thank you Samuel, that would be delightful.

Ash: Mom, I'm sorry about this but I'm going to go on a journey again.

Delia: It's okay sweetie, as long as you're growing then I'm proud of you.

Ash smiled as he hugged his mom who hugged him back in return.

Ash: Thanks mom, I guess I'll go get everyone first.

As he was about to head to the door, Oak stopped him.

"Slow down Ash, I have something for you." Oak stood up and went to a drawer and taking something out.

"You do?" Being curious, Ash went over to him as he notice him holding what looks like a colourful watch with an interactive screen.