27: GOOD MORNINGS

i'm writing a xiao fanfic!! i finished writing the plot outline after a week of brainstorming and getting annoyed LOL. i'll be writing and publishing the first chapter(s) somewhere around this month! really hoping my fellow xiao lovers read and enjoy that one as well hehe. Anyways, enjoy the chapter my loves <3

🍁

Your mouth moved faster than your head. It only took you a second to comprehend what you just confessed, a moment of realization.

What. have. you. done.

You covered your mouth in shock, slapping it lightly. If any gods were listening, you prayed that he did not hear that. You hoped he was in deep sleep, off to a world where he can't hear every single sound on the planet.

Yes, you did feel embarrassment well up in your chest, but somehow relief as well. To be honest, it did feel good to say it out loud. Maybe it would be more ideal if it were on a piece of paper that you'd burn eventually instead. But hey, beggars can't be choosers.

Well, with one less burden, you could go back to normal. After coming to terms with these horrible, sick, and vile romantic feelings, you couldn't bring yourself to act normal. First, you almost die and now you're faced with your emotions? Thank the gods you didn't have to work.

"Okay, relax. Relax... If he heard that then just be normal. He's not the type of person to push it..."

You calmed yourself, regulating your breaths. The clock ticked quite loudly in your ears, and so you turned to look at it. 6:51 A.M, it read. You heard the food here was quite delicious so might as well grab a treat before you continue your adventure.

You stood up, losing your balance but successfully grabbing onto the bed frame. You glanced over your wheelchair, contemplating if you wanted to use it or not. It would be best to but did you want to? No, not really.

You straightened yourself, patting down your clothes and grabbing some more. With one last look at Kazuha, you turned to the door.

🍁

"Kazuha, I think I like you."

Shining brightly as ever, the sun hit the samurai's eyes, forcing him to wake from his dream. It was a wonderful dream, to him at least. Those words of yours repeated in his brain like an endless echo. Though only in his head, he liked to think you would say that one day.

Sigh. This crush would be the death of him.

He forced himself to open his eyes, taking in his surroundings. It didn't take him long to realize you weren't in the room anymore. Not to mention your wheelchair is still in the corner where you left it. At first, he was concerned. But soon he realized you weren't so far away, your scent still lingering in the warm air. You weren't in danger, good.

Kazuha followed your trail, leading him to a table near the exit of the inn. There, you were in your own world. Staring off into the distance as warm food sat in front of you. You were waiting patiently for the man to wake, knowing he'd follow close behind.

Your eyes lit up as soon as he made his presence known, hair still as messy as it was. It was strange waking up in another place that wasn't the Alcor, or Inazuma.

Yet, you enjoyed it. Especially now that you shared the morning with Kazuha.

"Good morning, how was your sleep?" You asked. He only looked at you with admiration, remembering the dream. It lingered, inked onto his brain like a tattoo.
"It was splendid, thank you for asking," He replied.

"Glad to know."

Silence. Comfortable silence.

"Uh, right— I ordered some food for us. Don't worry, I'll pay for it." You said, pushing a plate towards Kazuha. He smiled, thanking you for your kindness.

"It was nothing. You deserved this either way."

The morning air and singing birds were much different on land than at sea. It was noisy out in the open waters due to the waves. But on land, there was no such thing.

You were delighted with what you were eating, the look on your face giving it away. It was delicious, never Xiangling material, but most definitely delicious. Kazuha was picky but he seemed to enjoy it as well.

Soon after your hearty breakfast, both of you shared a conversation in the elevator. You excitedly told the samurai about your accomplishment of walking without the wheelchair. He was proud, genuinely proud. You appreciated that he was always listening when you talked. He never showed disinterest, and you loved that. You needed that.

Checking out of the inn, you waved goodbye to the boss. You thanked them for the room and accommodation. She waved back with a smile, her husband joining afterward.

"Those two... I wonder if they're close friends of Lady Ningguang." Huai'an, the husband, asked.

"Oh no, they're Beidou's friends. Apparently, the Captain asked Lady Ningguang for a favor. Good riddance, imagine asking the Tianquan to help you play matchmaker." Verr Goldet laughed.

"Don't they remind you of us, though?"

"Haha, a little. Young people in love... A marvelous feeling, no? Well, I hope Beidou's little scheme works out then."

🍁

The bamboo forest that led to Qingce village was a sight to behold. No wonder many Treasure Hoarders in Inazuma talked about this place whenever they got recruited.

It was peaceful, and the early morning sun only added to the ambiance.

"Hmm~ Hmm Hm Hmm~ Da da da da~" You heard. You turned your head to look at Kazuha, who was humming that tune.

That tune that held so much value. That tune which you associated with happiness, with home. That tune that brings you back to the night you saw colors explode into a painting that forever stains your soul.

"You still remember that song?" You asked, feeling happy you weren't the only one. Kazuha paused.

"Why would I forget it?"

You smiled, exhaling a breath of glee. You hummed along with the man, seeing houses nearby.

Qingce village was close, and so was this journey's end.