30: CONFESSION

The sudden absence of the crew was not unnoticed but ignored. It was quite obviously a setup, but you couldn't care less. Not anymore.

Kazuha walked towards you, his eyes never leaving yours. He bent down to your level, extending his arm.

"I noticed you looked quite upset about not being able to dance earlier. So, dance with me instead?" He asked. His tone was shy, so unusual of him.

You could only smile at his gesture.

You took his hand, standing up from your seat. Your legs weren't as tired as they were but still ached. He noticed and put your hands around his neck. For support... of course.

Hesitantly, he placed his arms around your waist. You watched as he did so, giving a nod of approval. He then pulled you closer, faces a lean away.

There was no music playing but that didn't stop you from swaying your bodies. Eventually, Kazuha started to hum your favorite tune. 'Color.'

Happiness surged through your heart. Though there was no band, hearing the melody as you danced with him was enough.

"Do you know how much I wanted to dance to this song with you again?" You asked. As he hummed, a small smile crept up his lips. He tried to stop himself but failed. How could he after such a question? With a chuckle, you joined in humming the song.

You held each other, placing your head on his shoulder. Both of you were enjoying the emptiness of the deck. Soft thunder could be heard at the back as you continued to hum. Besides the light of the lanterns, everything else was pitch black. It felt as though you were in your own little world. Just you and him, him and you.

As the song came to an end, you pulled away to look into Kazuha's eyes. They were so, so beautiful.

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable with what I said." He apologized, making your heart sink. "No, don't say that. I was overreacting." You said, placing your hand on his cheek. He melted into your touch.

"May I say something?" He asked. The phrase was quite familiar, but you didn't feel any panic. This time you were prepared for whatever he had to say. You gave your approval.

"I really, really like you, Y/N."

It felt like a weight was lifted off his shoulders as he finally confessed. These words that he only dreamed of saying, he finally did. He couldn't let himself regret not telling you again. You bit your lip slightly, forcing yourself not to smile.

"You don't have to say anything. I honestly only gained the courage to say this because... Well because of a dream I had."

"Hm?"

"It's a little embarrassing." He blushed, placing a hand behind his neck.

"I won't judge. I promise." You said as you took his hand and intertwined them with yours.

"I heard your voice in a dream telling me that... Well that you felt the same way."

You paused for a moment, realizing what he meant. He looked at you curiously, hoping he didn't say anything wrong. You coughed lightly, looking away as you said your next few words.

"Kazuha, I think I like you." You recalled. "Was that what I said in your dream?" You asked. Kazuha's eyes widened in delight, making you smile. He gave you a nod.

"It wasn't a dream, Kazuha. I... really did say that." You explained.

"Can I hear you say it now that I'm awake?" He asked, taking your intertwined hands and leading them to your chests. You thought about it for a moment, being embarrassed yet ready. The timing was quite perfect, so why hold back?

"I... I like you, Kazuha. It's no longer an 'I think' because I know I do. I know that I like you so much."

Though Kazuha was awake, somehow he felt as though he was still dreaming.

Both of you knew well what you felt for each other. Yet putting it into words increased the blossoming feeling in your heart. It intensified with every glance you shared, every conversation, and every second you were next to each other.

From strangers to friends, from friends to whatever this is. You couldn't ask for anything more.

If you were wondering, Beidou and Sea Drake decided not to watch ever since they asked for everyone to leave. Somewhere deep inside, they trusted you'll find a way to each other.

They were lucky that they were right.

Your eyebrows curled in happiness as you looked at Kazuha who had the same contentment in his eyes. Your bodies pressed against one another, breaths molding into one rhythm. Unexpectedly, you found yourself looking down at his lips. He did the same.

Both of you knew what came next, yet no one moved.

You paused for a moment, taking a moment to look at each other. This feeling was so new and unfamiliar. The look in his eyes shifted, no longer the same look of happiness. You could see longing— a look of wanting something more.

Suddenly, Kazuha leaned closer. His eyes fluttered to a close and you couldn't help but follow his actions. You gulped in anticipation and felt your heart race.

His lips were so close. So, so close.

"May I?" He asked in hesitation.

"Please do."