41: RUNAWAY

(I did say Ch. 41 would come soon right? I'm meeting up with my friends today + I'll be away for the rest of the weekend. To those who left kind comments, thank you so much! It made me feel a lot better <3 I might not take the break I intended to have because of how uplifting they were.

also, I'd like to show my Venti cosplay but I'm so afraid someone might recognize me...)

🍁

Yui packed her bags, taking one final letter with her before leaving. Yui left a note that told her parents she wished to not be found. Nothing more.

On her way out, Yui spotted her family's sword. On it's. hilt, the Tenryou Commission seal was engraved. The girl thought about it for a while, eventually taking the blade. If her parents wanted their sweet heiress back, she'd have to be protected, right?

For a while, a life of wandering wasn't comfortable. Despite what she desired in life, she was still raised in a wealthy household. She knew very well how spoiled she used to be. It would take her more than a few days to grow accustomed to her new life.

As she spent more time in the outdoors, the more she reminisced. She recalled the days you'd teach her how to make a campfire. Or the time you taught her how to hunt for animals in the wild. She especially loved remembering those days you'd teach her how to properly swing a sword.

Yui was grateful to have memorized everything, seeing as they have all come in handy.

Crossing from the land of Narukami to Kannazuka where the Kujou Encampment was present was no easy task. Every time she saw a soldier nearby, her soul would ascend from her body due to panic. In addition, riding a wave rider without proper knowledge was quite the... experience.

She still has the bruise on her arm from accidentally crashing onto the shore.

Eventually, from Kannazuka, she arrived at Yashiori Island. The same island she wished to visit the day she decided to rebel.

It's approximately been a month and a half since she had been declared missing by the Tenryou Commission. Yui only found out through eavesdropping on the patrolling soldiers.

She felt irritated knowing she had to be even more vigilant. If they caught sight of her, she'd immediately be taken back to her home.

Despite this, she moved to Higi Village.

The abandoned village had no more than a few Nobushi and Kairagi lounging around. She observed the houses, their roofs being seconds away from collapsing. How the cobwebs started to form on each nook and cranny.

"L/N. So this is where you were born." Yui breathes, seeing the rather simple and deserted house. The nameplate was made from cardboard, yet it never broke after all these years.

The girl grips the piece of paper in her hand, one that contained information about her family. That, and the tragedy that happened here more than a decade ago.

"Who goes there?" Someone asked in a voice so aggressive, that it sent chills down Yui's spine. The girl does not speak, she only hides to avoid any altercations.

To her dismay, the loud voice of the Kairagi alerted the nearby Nobushi. Fear crept up Yui's veins. No wonder it was extremely difficult for you to leave. Their presence alone was dreadful.

"Would you look at that! A pretty lady from the Tenryou Commission." The bandits laughed, their eyes lingering on the document Yui held.

"What's that piece of paper? Mind sharing to the class?" They mocked.

The Nobushi took the document from her hands, making her gasp in surprise. They knew who you were, that's for sure.

"Y/N? So, you know our Y/N? Tell me, where are they now?" The Kairagi asked, towering over the much smaller girl.

"I don't know. That's what I'm trying to find out myself." She answered. It was a half-lie, half-truth. She knew you were headed off to Liyue. Whether or not you were alive... That she was uncertain.

"Why were you trying to find them in the first place? Are you two close?"

"We aren't. Now, please, let me go." Yui shoved the men away, her heartbeat starting to race. One of the Nobushi harshly grabbed her arm, pulling her back to the group.

"Hm, even if you don't know our Y/N, you're still pretty valuable. You're that Tenryou Commission girl, right? It's rare to find someone with blue hair around here." They threw the girl down to the floor. One of them knelt to her level, smirking.

"If you cooperate with us, we'll bring you back home. Safe and sound." The Nobushi practically sang.

"As if I'd ever go back there. Now back off before I do something terrible to you."

"Ooh, feisty! Just like that Y/N, you're trying to find. It's kinda pissing me off."

The Nobushi drew closer, and closer. Yui's face was a breath away from the bandit, making her gulp in fear. Without a second thought, the blue-haired girl kicked the man's private part, leaving him defenseless. 

Though a little bit inexperienced, Yui drew her blade, pointing it toward the rest of the Nobushi.

The group scurried to crush her, but she ran as quickly as she could. Yui was headed straight to Fort Fujitou, a military camp currently housing the Watatsumi Army. There, she'd seek refuge and join their forces.

Yui secretly read too many files behind her parent's back. She found out where the Resistance troops was placed, plans to ambush them, and many more. She gathered information that was valuable to make the Shogunate win the war. But what was she to do? Just keep it to herself?

Absolutely not.

After running for her life, the girl came to a pause in front of a soldier wearing hues of maroon. It was the uniform of the Watatsumi soldiers.

"...How may I help?" He asked, feeling sympathetic for the girl.

"My name is... My name is Mizuko. I know information about the Tenryou Commission that will be of great help to you." Yui panted, wiping the sweat from her forehead. Her bun was now loose, long strands of her blue hair falling to her chest.

"Please... Take me to General Gorou."