49: SAFE AND SOUND

not gonna lie, i'm very scared of writing spice...
but for a whole different reason now. i didn't realize how controversial it was for a minor to write spicy stuff TT yes, i'm still a minor! so i'm still contemplating whether or not i'll do it...

🍁

Three, Two, One.

With the final countdown in your mind, you rushed quickly to your position. The ambush has begun, and the shogunate had no clue of what was to happen.

You hid behind a nearby bush, peeking through the leaves, and checking for any signals. You had a mask on to hide your face. You reached for those who were more secluded, taking their weapons before they even realized it.

Sayu, one of the Shuumatsuban ninjas, did the same.

Soon enough, most of the soldiers were unarmed. Only a few were left untouched, but you needn't worry. With the weapons you've garnered, you'd be more than capable to fight them off.

A bell rang throughout the whole of Inazuma City. The loud chimes were louder inside Tenshukaku than it was in Hanamizaka.

This was your signal.

Immediately, ninjas surrounded the area. The shogunate soldiers were confused. They reached for their weapons, but alas, nothing.

Their eyes were struck with panic.

The look on their faces was laughable — but now's not the time. You took the chance to knock them out. With one swift blow, they were down. The other ninjas followed suit.

One by one, their defenses thinned. Soldiers were on the floor, beaten, and passed out. The ones with weapons were quickly taken care of by you. They panicked when they saw how fast their troops were taken out. It was their moment of weakness, and you took the opportunity.

Their swords clashed against yours, but you could feel the tremble of their hands. Their posture and stance were nervous, making them easy to defeat.

They wheezed as they fell to their knees, dropping their blade. You watched as they looked up, seeing your figure as they slowly lost consciousness.

"I hope I don't get arrested for this..." You muttered.

It was convenient that Ayato suggested you wear a mask for the mission.

The air behind you suddenly shifted, prompting you to turn quickly. You blocked an attack from a wounded soldier, using your elbow to hit the man's face. He was knocked down instantly, making you breathe out a relieved sigh.

"No more surprise attacks to my head. It's a hassle to recover, you know?"

You cleaned your hands and wiped off your sweat. Quickly, you made your way out of Tenshukaku. You ran to the rest of the Shuumatsuban. One of them smiled at you and patted you on the back.

You had no idea what his name was, but hey it felt nice to get praised. You removed your mask as you grabbed a bottle of water.

"Where's the Resistance?" You asked.

"Over there. They're about to charge in any time now. We can watch them from here." Someone replied, pointing to a nearby location.

The sky suddenly turned dark, thunder roaring in the background. The sudden change in weather made you contemplate. Is this the work of the Raiden Shogun?

Bizarre how much your life has changed. You went from being a bandit to working in the Crux, and now you're in a plan whose purpose is to defeat a god.