32: CAUGHT

As the Alcor turned its sails away from Inazuma, Kazuha noticed a look of sorrow on your face. He knew exactly what— or rather who you were thinking of. You were staring off into the port, hands resting on the wood and body bent just a little bit.

Kazuha took the opportunity to sneak behind you, snaking his arms around your shoulders. He figured your waist was far too intimate. He placed his head on your shoulders, taking in your scent.

You turned your head to look at him, letting out a huff of air as you smiled. There weren't many people around so you didn't mind this at all.

"Hello." You greeted. "Hi." He replied. It was a simple and short greeting, yet it was enough to make you feel a lot better.

"I know what's on your mind. If you want to talk, I'm more than happy to listen." He smiled as he played with your hands. He noticed your calloused palms, fingers etched with old scars. Some were new, probably from the latest incident.

"I just miss Yui... and surprisingly Inazuma. That's all there is to it, really." You explained, letting out a sigh. You broke free from his grasp, turning around fully.

"Are you sure?"

"Mhm. Don't worry." You reassured.

"Alright, that's good. I'm glad you're okay."

He then took your hands and placed small kisses on every single one of your wounds. To Kazuha, they were reminders of how much you had to endure. Every little flaw on your skin had a story connected to each of them. Stories he'd love to hear and listen to. He couldn't help but want to know more, to see and appreciate your strength. To see and appreciate you.

These scars, after all, were proof of survival. And after everything you've gone through, he was glad you were still here. Here with him.

"Kazuha...?" You asked, feeling your face heat up. As if you hadn't kissed his lips the night before, you turned away in embarrassment.

Ah, how much you hated this man.

Every time you were around him— especially when he pulled acts like this, your whole tough exterior melts away. You should have known you'd end up like this.
After all, from the first time you met, he already got the upper hand.

"Stop that before anyone sees."

"Who says I don't want them to see?"

"Don't—"

"So, you two finally did it," Beidou scoffed. Sea Drake stood behind her with his arms crossed. She had a stoic expression on her face. Though, that quickly dissipated as she hugged both of you tightly.

"HAHA! You have no idea how much I had to do for this to happen!" She boomed, feeling a sense of pride. "Hey, to be fair, I also took part." Sea Drake raised his hand.

"We aren't in a relationship—" Kazuha whispered into Beidou's ear, making her pause.

She freed you from her grip, letting out a loud cough. The pirate awkwardly eyed you and Kazuha, pressing her lips into a thin line.

"Y/N... can you give us a minute?"

"Of course, Captain..." You replied, walking away.

Well, whatever they were about to discuss was no longer your problem.

"You... YOU AREN'T TOGETHER YET?" Beidou questioned, gripping Kazuha's shoulders and shaking him. Kazuha only closed his eyes and chuckled.

"No— I mean, I don't know." He replied. Beidou stopped shaking him, letting the guy talk.

"What do you mean?"

"We've... exchanged words about how we feel. In terms of labels, there's nothing quite there yet."

"So... SO YOU GUYS ARE TOGETHER?"

"No, but yes? Again, I don't know."

"Oh please! If you're saying no just cause you didn't put a label, then don't! Labels are just a bunch of words! Me and Ningguang don't even—" Beidou stopped in her tracks. Her eyes that were closed from boasting quickly opened, seeing the teasing gaze of her crew mates.

Kazuha raised a brow whilst Sea Drake held back a laugh. Beidou visibly cringed, stepping away awkwardly. The blonde waved mockingly, sending his regards.

"Well, whatever's going on with you and Y/N, I wish you all the best. I'm happy that you both are happy." Sea Drake chirped, patting the samurai's shoulder. Kazuha gave him a grateful smile.

"Thank you. But if you do not mind, please tell Beidou I already knew. Nothing gets past me." He joked.

"Nothing except Y/N, right?"

"Haha, Yes. Indeed."

🍁

short chapter for today folks T-T im so sorry HAHA,, the next chapters will be quest heavy so i need to prepare myself. a little life update though, i watched jujutsu kaisen 0 last saturday! it was finally in my country's cinema woo woo <3 i went in for maki and toge but ended up falling for yuta HAHA.

i wanna make a yuta fic but idk!! i have such a huge crush on him omg,, that's also why i've been distracted instead of writing LOL. anyways i will be updating this week (hopefully) so look out!