34: THE RESISTANCE

"If the Shogunate attacks us earlier than I predicted, then we must act with haste. I'm sure with your crew and my strategy, we'll easily win." Kokomi said, moving slabs on the map as if they were chess pieces. 

The sun had risen, yet the two women were still hard at work. The sailors were navigating through the water, directing themselves close to the shorelines of Watatsumi Island. It would still take a day or two to fully dock.

Most of the soldiers from Watatsumi Island were on Yashiori Island. That's where most of the confrontations happen. Where you plan to be.

They were taking in applications for the troops who'll be joining 'The Resistance'. This piqued your interest, knowing you were skilled in many ways. Though you were reluctant due to your past experiences, you still wanted to try. It wasn't every day you fought for a good cause.

You walked over to consult Beidou about joining the front lines. The woman wavered with her answer for a while. She knew you were a competent fighter, but after what happened just a few weeks ago — She couldn't help but hesitate.

"Y/N, you sure? I mean you just had your injury," Beidou raised her concern. "I'm fine now. I mean you trusted me to travel to Qingce, right?" You replied.

"If anything happens to you out there, you might not recover. The damage to your body was brutal, Y/N. Everyone was scared for you." She placed a hand on your shoulder. You paused for a moment.

"My body's used to recovering fast, Beidou. And I promise this time, I won't let any of them lay a finger on me. So please... let me fight."

The woman did not respond with words. She instead sighed and nodded her head, turning away from your gaze. You felt her uneasiness, but you wanted this for yourself.

Walking away, you suddenly felt a hand grab your arm gently, leading you to a secluded place. Kazuha crossed his arms, a look of concern written all over his face.

"I know you're worried and all, but seriously! I'm okay and I'm willing to fight."

"It would be foolish of me to try and stop you. Even if I tried, you'd still go... one way or another." He said, making you sigh in relief.

"But at least answer this for me, Why do you want to fight?" Kazuha questioned.

"...Even if I hated living in Inazuma, I know it's still home for so many others. So many innocent people still suffer every day because of this Vision Hunt Decree. If I do nothing, I'll feel like the same people who didn't even try to help me."

— That and the fact that you also wanted to oppose the commissions that were corrupted, as Yui confessed to you before. Maybe a little rebellion for the good wouldn't hurt so much.

"Alright, then. If you have made your decision, I respect it wholeheartedly. But don't even try to get injured this time or I swear-" You laughed as Kazuha almost went on a tangent. You quickly shut him up with a quick kiss and walked away.

🍁

The hues of gray and dark green hit your eyes as the Alcor neared Yashiori Island. Your eyes glossed over the wet terrain. The view reminded you of days you wished not to think of.

Kazuha, who stood beside you, held your hand. It was a grip that sought comfort, yet gave comfort as well.

"Alright, people! It's time to move out! It won't be long 'till the Shogunate wins!" Beidou ordered, sending the troops out. You gave Kazuha one last nod before grabbing your sword and running out of the Alcor.

The moment your feet stepped on the sand, you sensed a different aura from that of Liyue. No— not just Liyue, but Narukami itself. This island was a war zone, and you could feel it.

"Nothing beats home." You said dryly, squinting your eyes.

Metal clashing against each other, arrows being shot, and audible shouts could be heard from the distance. It was not looking good for the Resistance, but fortunately, they had the Crux on their side.

You knelt on the grass behind a few bushes, observing the scene. A few soldiers were stationed beside you, waiting for Kokomi's call.

"The wait is over my comrades! Now, is our moment!"

With her declaration, you rushed into the conflict. You moved as quick as lightning, dashing behind the Shogunate soldiers. With a strong kick, you knocked one of them down and used your blade to injure their legs.

The men groaned in pain, making you scoff. You grabbed their sword, thinking it may be of use later on. You played with the well-made blade, a powerful feeling of glee surging through your veins.

Without hesitation, you snuck behind more soldiers and hit them where it hurt. Those who tried to chase you were taken out by your double katanas, their blood staining your once clean clothes.  With you on the team, most of the dilemma was quickly disposed of.

Those from the Crux who joined in the fight watched you in awe. They didn't expect someone who had no vision, and someone who lifted boxes all day, to be such a combatant. Then again, always expect the unexpected from Beidou's crew.

Kazuha, too, was shocked. He wondered how that inexperienced Treasure Hoarder won against you — especially when you had abilities most didn't possess. That Hoarder must have had the gods' luck that day.

"Y/N!" Kazuha yelled, warning you of the arrow that was directed straight for your head. You lifted your sword, slicing the arrow in half. "Thanks!"

After the quick smile you shot at the samurai, you glared at the one and only Kujou Sara. You knew very well who she was, Yui seeing her often when visiting the Tenryou Commission's headquarters. She was a strict and respectable general.

And she almost shot an arrow straight to your skull.

You shared a look of distaste towards each other, making her grit her teeth with a sigh. She commanded her men to retreat, which was a good decision on her end.

Finally, Kokomi healed the rest of her comrades as everyone else rejoiced. It was a temporary feeling of peace for the soldiers, but it was more than enough. That, you could understand.

You high-fived Beidou who gave you a proud and relieved look. "Well, looks like you're completely healed, kid." She chuckled, ruffling your already messy hair.

You turned your attention to the Traveller who was busy chatting with Kokomi. Once they finished, you took the opportunity to ask them about your letters. Though it's only been three days, you couldn't get it off your mind.

Yet, when you walked closer to the blonde, their face twisted into a frown. One that carried regret and distress.

"What's wrong? Is everything okay?" You asked. The Traveler could not meet your curious, hopeful gaze.

"Y/N... I talked to Yoimiya about the letters. She's happy to know you're okay, but about Yui..."

A knot in your stomach formed as you felt a rising fear build up. You gulped in anticipation, feeling your heart race.

"Yoimiya said that Yui's gone, Y/N. She disappeared months ago."