Chapter 3: The New Club

Yusaku POV

After resting and analyzing the data from the A.I., or Ai as I named it, we were able to see the avatar and name of Hanoi's leader, Revolver. But what we can't find is Raider's identity.

Kusanagi: I don't get it. Normally finding account names and log times is easy, but Raider has some kind of program I've never seen before blocking anyone out of his information.
Yusaku: It seems similar to the coding in Ai's data. Who would be able to do this then?

Ai: Wait! It has my kind of coding?!

Yusaku: Yeah, do you know who could have done this?
Ai: Not really, I'm amazed someone else could use this programming.

Yusaku: Whatever. I never expected anything helpful anyways.

Ai: Mean!

Yusaku: However... It looks like I found a location for when Raider logged in to duel the Knight of Hanoi.

Kusanagi: How you see through this kind of code still amazes me. Anyway, he seems to have logged in from the VRAINS Cafe about 2 and a half blocks from here.

Yusaku: That doesn't help narrow it down. He may have realized anyone looking for him would look at where he logged in and chose a public location.

Ai: He's clever. You won't be able to find him easily. Especially if he can control the data storm like Ai can.

Ai laughed at his terrible pun.

Yusaku: Do you know how he could get that power?

Ai: No clue.

Kusanagi: Oh well. We can look more when you're done with school.

Yusaku: It's almost time for class already?

Ai: You have 17 minutes and 45 seconds before the bell.

Kusanagi gave us a ride to school and as I was walking through the halls I heard people talking about Playmaker and Raider. They seem to think we're teaming up against the Hanoi.

Yusaku: A team, huh?

Flashback

Raider: Since you seek revenge, I'd like to know... What do you know about the Hanoi Project?

End of Flashback

I walked into class and saw Shiima going on and on about seeing Playmaker and Raider.

Riku POV

I made the worst choice possible...

Shiima: Kanashimiki! You should've seen him. Playmaker finally showed up and beat the crap out of a Knight of Hanoi! And this new guy, Raider too! He showed up completely out of nowhere and used this old school deck to beat another Knight of Hanoi!

Riku: Sounds cool.

Shiima: They're more than cool! Man, I wish I could meet them!

Thankfully class started and Shiima finally stopped yelling in my ear. After class I was walking through the hall and heard everyone was talking about Raider and Playmaker's appearance. I was listening in but wasn't looking where I was going. I accidentally bumped into a girl and dropped my bookbag.

Riku: Sorry about that. I wasn't paying attention.

She seems to have dropped some stuff too so I helped her pick her bag and books up.

Girl: It's fine. I wasn't looking either. Oh?

She seems to have noticed my duel disk.

Girl: Do you duel?
Riku: I'm getting back into it, yeah. I'm Riku Kanashimiki by the way.