Chapter 19: Enemy Confirmed

I slept pretty well despite the thought of being watched by Hanoi. But, I had a weird dream. I was standing on some kind of tower. Looking around, I saw 5 different kinds of landscapes. A desert, an ocean, a forest, a volcano, and a golden city. They were all divided equally around the tower, but there was one area that was just a chasm. 6 different landscapes. The shining city caught my attention. For some reason it felt familiar. The light of the city became blinding even from far away. I closed my eyes from how bright it was and when I opened them again, I was on the futon Aoi and Akira set for me. These dreams are so weird. It's still late at night, so I went back to sleep.

Elsewhere

Emma Besshou was going through something on her computer. As a hacker she has the skills to get into nearly any network without being caught.

Emma: Come on... That boy who dueled Revolver. He mentioned something about an incident 10 years ago. Revolver said something about SOL Technologies, so they're probably involved somehow. If so, then I should hopefully find something in their master data bank... If only I could get in...

She sipped her coffee, as a thought crossed her mind.

Emma: Perhaps... That boy could have at least some information. Even if he doesn't have much, it'll be something to work with while I get into SOL Technologies. What was his name? Riku Kanashimiki?

She began doing some looking around for information on me, and she found an old headline about my parents death. She found that I go to the same school as Aoi, but not much else, given how I never did much besides go to school and head home. She found Ms. Fujimura as my emergency contact.

Emma: Hmm... A therapist? Going to her would probably not work. She may know about the incident 10 years ago. And an unfamiliar person asking for info on him from his therapist probably won't get very far.

She went deeper into Ms. Fujimura and tried to unlock her notes taken about me. It was all vague and didn't say much other than how I was up to now. Anything more detailed is locked away with a harder program.

Emma: Why is it so tough to crack? Is he linked to a government official somehow or something?

She sighed, not being able to get into my initial files from the early days of therapy.

Emma: I guess there are a few options.

She went back to looking through different options for getting information she wanted through the night.

Riku POV

In the morning, I woke up and noticed my uniform was already here and folded neatly.

Riku: How is it...

I saw a note on my uniform and went to read it.

Riku, I hope you don't mind. I found your apartment and had someone go to pick up your morning essentials. Please make sure Aoi gets up and ready for school by 7:15AM.

Akira

I looked at the clock and saw it was barely 6:45AM

Riku: Thirty minutes. That should be enough to get ready.

I went and knocked on Aoi's bedroom door. No response. I knocked again a bit louder. No response still...

Riku: ... I may be a bit dense, but even I know not to walk into her room unannounced....

If I want her to wake up and get out of bed, what would be the best way? I thought about it for a few minutes.

Riku: I guess I could...