Chapter 23: Mini Boss Fight Part 2

My duel with Spectre is starting to make me mad. This guy thinks he understands me, but he's just an arrogant Knight of Hanoi working for Revolver...

Raider: I'll crush you and Revolver no matter what.

Spectre: I invite you to try.

Meanwhile with Kusanagi and Yusaku

Kusanagi was watching my duel and pulled it up for the others to watch.

Ai: Riku's dueling?

Yusaku: His opponent doesn't look like an average footsoldier. He might be worth info on Revolver.

Kusanagi: A bit of a puzzle, it looks like. That big tree restores his life total and even brings in link 1 monsters to help protect himself.

Yusaku: And with his trap card making Dryades unable to be targeted by effects, it would seem Riku needs to put everything into one attack to win.

Lightning: Most likely.

Back at the duel.

Spectre: As powerful as your dragon may be. If it can't wipe out my life points in one attack, it's powerless.

Raider: This dragon is stronger than you give it credit for. Even if Dark Rebellion can't defeat you now, it can become strong enough when I need it to.

Revolver was watching the duel broadcasted to where he's hiding in Link VRAINS.

Revolver: Raider. If you are who I think you are, you know just how powerful that dragon can be. If you win and come here. I will face you head on if necessary.

He seemed more fixated on Raider and Dark Rebellion than anything else. Almost too busy focusing on him to even remember Spectre is there.

A man teleported into the room and saw the duel on screen.

Kazuki: Spectre is dueling Raider?

Revolver: Yes, sir.

Kazuki: What do I keep telling you, Revolver?

Revolver: Sorry. Uncle, do you know if Raider is...

He was cut off by Kazuki.

Kazuki: I don't know his real name and identity. As much as I want to look into it, your father is tasking me with more work than usual. I have no time.

Revolver: You want to know his identity too?

Kazuki: I do. He's a problem to us and if we find him in the real world, we can accelerate our progress with his control over the data storms accumulated data material.

Kazuki looked at Raider and his dragon as he told a half lie.

Kazuki: If we find him.

Raider: I set two cards facedown and end my turn.

Spectre: After talking so much about your dragon's potential, this is all you can do?

Raider: It's all I need.

Spectre: Very well. My turn, draw. I'll set a card and end my turn.

Damn it. He's waiting for me to attack and building up defenses while he waits most likely. If I don't stop his tree from growing, I can't win. And I don't have fog blade to negate its effects.

Raider: Fine. My turn, draw. Perfect. I activate Overlay Flash! By detaching one overlay unit from Dark Rebellion I can negate Dryades's effect without even targeting it.