Chapter 17: An Invitation

I had my follow up appointment with Ms. Fujimura. And I knew she would be surprised from hearing about my Link VRAINS visits. Granted I left out... some details.

Ms. Fujimura: So how was Link VRAINS?

Riku: It was fine. I managed to have a few duels without breaking down...

Ms. Fujimura: Hm... I saw that the day I suggested you try going into Link VRAINS, this new fighter against the Knights of Hanoi appears and grabs the media's attention.

Oh shit...

Riku: Well, I...

Ms. Fujimura: I can only hope that whoever he is, he will still be careful. He probably doesn't realize what he may mean to people.

She smiled at me. I chuckled a little and nodded.

Riku: I think so too...

Ms. Fujimura: So you joined the Duel Club at school. Anyone there catch your interest?

Riku: Well there's Naoki. He's a bit annoying but he means well. The club president is pretty smart. There's 3 other guys who sometimes show up. Then there's Aoi.

As soon as I said that...

Ms. Fujimura: A girl?! And you call her by her first name already?! Tell me everything.

She immediately started acting like I said something scandalous...

Riku: Isn't this a bit unprofessional?

Ms. Fujimura: Oh come on. You haven't had anything interesting happen in 10 years, then this pops up and you treat it like nothing happened. I want to know. This Aoi, is she special to you?

Riku: She..

That question made me think. Is she special to me? I went to duel Revolver when she was taken hostage by their virus... She's really nice... And..

Riku: I guess she is...

I spoke quietly. And my face started heating up again. Why is this so embarrassing?

Ms. Fujimura: Well I'm glad you have someone like that. You deserve it. Whether you think so or not.

I still don't think I deserve anything... Mom and Dad are still dead because I was gone... Until I at least avenge them and destroy Hanoi and learn what our suffering was for... I have to live with the guilt.

Riku: I don't know about that. But I'll keep it in mind...

Ms. Fujimura: I've said it many times. And I'll say it again. You deserve to be happy just as much as anyone else. I hope you'll accept that someday. But that can wait, I suppose. Next time I want more details about Aoi. Ok?

Riku: Sure... I'll see you next time.

Ms. Fujimura: Have a good night, Riku. Be careful getting home. It's getting dark. Would you like a ride home?

Riku: I'll be fine. Thank you, though.

I walked out and scheduled my next appointment.

Ms. Fujimura: That boy...

She looked over at a picture framed on her desk.

Ms. Fujimura: He really is just like you two.

On the way home I was walking down the streets.

Akira Zaizen POV

I was heading home a bit later than usual. This whole incident with Revovler got me demoted and having to work security more. I hope Aoi's ok. But while I was thinking about this, I saw Kanashimiki walking down the streets.