12

Around four-thirty in the afternoon, Jennie received a message from Lisa.

"Please lethave a dinner and watch a movie at night. I will wait or you at the parking lot in an hour."

Jennie looked at the text and tapped her fingers on her desk. 'Was he asking her out on a date?'

Jennie replied, "Okay" and continued with work. She wanted to release a new collection of watches for men so she was busily preparing for it.

At exactly five-thirty in the evening she shut down her computer and left her office. Taking her elevator, she came to the parking lot. Jennie saw Lisa leaning on the car with his arms crossed across his chest. His brows were knitted together and he seemed to be in deep thought as he looked on his phone in a haze. His figure looked so lonely and dejected as if something was weighing on his shoulder.

This is the first time, Jennie has seen him like this. He was always carefree and poking fun at her that she had forgotten that he was also human, and he must be going through some difficulties. She had been selfish in this relationship. She didn't even know anything about her husband. She heaved a sigh and walked towards him.

"Lisa?" Lis  jolted, hearing Jennie's voice behind him and nearly dropped his phone.

He just received a call from Bambam that they have reached a dead-end for the investigation of his brother's death. He had tried all these years to find out the people behind his brother's murder, even though the people said it was an accident, Lisa knew it was premeditated murder.

He had sworn that he wouldn't rest until he has found his brother's murders but now he had no lead. He felt useless and helpless.

"Are you okay?" Jennie asked softly when she saw his eyes were wary and clouded with sadness. Lisa pulled Jennie into his arms and hugged her tightly. "Hmm just let me hold you for a while." Lisa said sheepishly.

Jennie swallowed the lump in her throat and felt ger heart pounding for the fast time  in five years. She bit her lips and tightly held her purse. She was nervous because of the sudden rush of emotions. A few minutes later, Lisa released her and stepped back.

"What is wrong?" Jennie asked as she searched for any emotion or discomfort on his face, unfortunately Lisa had returned to his usual cheerful self.

"Wifey, I miss you." Lisa's lips curled in smile as he said. Jennie cast her eyes downward and ignored his remarks. Lisa smirked and opened the door of the car for her,bowing slightly like a gentleman. "After you, my lady."

Jennie shook her head and smiled helplessly. Fortunately, there was no one at this side of the parking lot to witness this, since it was reserved for Jennie.

After Lisa closed the door and got into the driver's seat, ge took a gift bag and gave it to Jennie. "Wifey, this is for you."

Jennie raised her eyebrows and looked at the bag. "What is in it?" Lisa grinned and smile mysteriously.

"You will know when you open it." Jennie opened the bag and saw it was a wheat milk drink in the bottle and straw attached to it.

"Wifey, you worked hard today at work, this is a reward for you." Jennie's face softened and she rubbed her temple. 'So, he is giving me a milk drink because I was tired at work? How old am I, ten?' Jennie thought but she felt warm in her heart nevertheless.

" Erhm.. Thanks. "

Lisa grinned and took the drink from her hands. He removed the straw attached to the drink and helped her insert the straw in the drink."

" Here you go." Looking at the look on his face as if he was eager for her to try it,Jennie couldn't help but took a sip of the drink. Surprisingly, it was very good.