24

FLASHBACK

Jennie sat before the window watching as the rain outside grows. It was already late but Kai wasn't back yet. She was beginning to get worried. Hearing the door open, Jennie ran to the entrance of the room.

"Kai?" Jennie called out, a hint of a smile in her tone. She stopped midway when she saw Kai's eyes which were gleaming with anger.

"What happened?" She asked, her voice laced with worry and curiosity. Kai ignored her question and stared at her intensely as if he was examining her.

"How could you? Was my love not enough?" Kai asked coldly, a murderous aura surrounding him.

Jennie felt her stomach clenched and her head spun from fear and confusion.

'Did he find out?' Seeing the guilt and fear which flashed in her eyes. Kai looked away as if the mere sight of her will stain his eyes.

"What are you talking about?" She choked out as her voice breaking. She had visited his father in the hospital today, she wanted to know why the father and son duo wasn't talking to each other.

The man had just a few months to live and Jennie wanted to make sure Kai talks to him before he dies. She didn't think he would find out about her visiting him since he forbid her not to talk to his father.

"Stop pretending!" Kai let out a groan of frustration.

"I'm sorry, i didn't mean to-"

"Cheat on me?" Kai interjected her coldly. Jennie gasped a looked at him in disbelief. 'Cheat on him?'

"Wait, what?" Kai walked closer to her, with his face inches away from her, "My mother was right, you're nothing but a gold digger!"  He said as he laughed savagely in her face.

Tears prick at the back of Jennie's eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Kai let out a laugh.

"Of course, you're going to pretend. Do i look like a fool to you?" Kai said as he loosened his tie and ran a hand through his disheveled hair.

"Tell me, was it worth it? I gave you everything but you, ungrateful slut, you dare to betrayed me!" Jennie held her chest, as his words stabbed her more and more to her heart. The man who held her this morning and told her he loved her was calling her a slut. His face filled with sheer disgust.

" Kai, what are you talking about? I love you, I would never cheat on you! Trust me please."

"Trust you? After what you have done?" Jennie didn't what she has done for him to accuse her for cheating on him. She would never cheat on him, he is all she has left now in this city.

Her parents have died and her only friend was still in a coma. She doesn't know if she would even make it.

Jennie looked at him to search in his eyes if he was joking but all she found was hate and disgust.

"Kai-" She called him.

The sounds of something slamming on her face interrupted her. Jennie picked up the folder and saw it was divorce papers.

"You better sign that and don't think I will give you anything."

Jennie wiped her tears, "How can you say that I don't even knoe why-" She trailed off, her voice trembled as she forced down the bile in throat.

"Shut up! I don't want to listen to your voice. I hate the day I met you, Jennie, You disgust me!."

Jennie closed her eyes in pain, today was supposed to be her happiest day but it turned out to be the worst day for her. For this man, she lost so much but now he was ruthlessly calling her names and accusing her of cheating without giving her the chance to explain herself. Is his love for her, that shallow? '