23

"Jennie."

"Jennie."

"Jennie!" Jennie jumped in her seat as she was too distracted to hear Irene. Her mind has been occupied with certain thoughts-thoughts about what Lisa did to her in the morning.

"Yes,Irene?" She answered.

"Why are you so lost today?"

"I was thinking about something."

"Are you okay though or something is wrong with you and your husband?"

"Yes I am, No we are fine." Jennie replied.

Irene sat on the chair in front of her desk.

"Alright, do you have some more things to do?" she asked as she learned back on the chair and looked around the office.

"Not really." She replied. Jennie heaved a sigh, she has completely forgotten that she had asked her friend out for lunch.

"Just give me a minute, I will just sign this document." Irene nodded as tapped her hands on the chair waiting for her.

"I'm done." She murmured. She turned off her computer then grabbed her purse as she stood up.

"What do you want to eat?" Jennie asked Irene as they walked out of the elevator.

"You're the boss." Irene said as she shrugged.

Jennie nodded. They walked out of the building and across the street. Since this was a commercial area, there were big stores and restaurants around. They entered a restaurant which was Irene's favorite.

They were ushered to a lounge and a waiter came to take their orders. A few minutes later, they were eating.

Irene looked at her with curiosity as she asked.

"Jennie you know you can't hide anything from me. So tell me what's wrong."

Jennie chugged down her water and sighed.

"I think I'm falling in love eith my husband."

Irene chuckled when she heard her and shook her head helplessly. Her friend was a ruthlessly CEO but in terms of love, her EQ was probably zero.

"This is a bad thing because..." Jennie looked around the lounge and bit her lips.

"I'm afraid he will leave me once he knows my past." Irene nodded.

"Does he love you?" Jennie stiffened and nodded.

"Yeah, I can see it in his eyes and he tell me every day."

Irene just stared at her friend,
"Communication is very important in marriage Jennie, even though I haven't met your husband I can see he treats you well. If you don't tell him and he finds out himself it won't end well. Don't assume things for him, sit him down and tell him about your past, about why you're too afraid to fall in love. If he can't accept your past then when he isn't worth it."

Jennie sighed as she played her food, suddenly she lost her appetite.

" For someone who has never been in a relationship, you're a good relationship advisor." Jennie grumbled.

Irene flushed." Single people gives the best relationship advice, haven't you heard?" Jennie snorted.

--

Lisa looked through his emails blankly and groaned. He was been trying to concentrate for hours now but be can't. Was he too hard on his wife this morning? He knew he promised not to pressure her but the more he falls for her, the more selfish he becomes.