Chapter 6: Day Off... Or Not

The group had just come back from their first mission and had gone instantly to their captain to give him the report of the mission. What they didn't expect was for Yami to laugh at them.

"Sounds like you guys went through hell!" He said between laughs. The four of them just stared at him in disbelief.

"Hey, Captain Yami, I don't think this is a laughing matter" Asta told him, remembering the people that had died.

"Being depressed isn't going to bring Old Man Seihi back. Right?" The captain of the Black Bulls asked.

"Fair enough" Télos muttered. 

"What happened to Old Man Seihi really is a shame, but you four were able to protect the villagers. Be proud of that. Well done. Great job you idiots" Yami complimented. Suddenly, a portal opened and from it emerged Finral and Vanessa. They had been sent by Yami to investigate the attackers to try and find out something about who was behind all that. "Hey Finral, Vanessa. Did you find anything out?" 

"Who the heck is behind all this?!" Magna asked. "I'll find their hideout and raid it!" He added.

"Nothing useful unfortunately" Vanessa answered. 

"I see... Well there is nothing we can do for now, we're going to let the Investigation Department take care of this and wait for their report" Yami said before clapping his hands together. "More importantly, I've got some good news. Your actions have been acknowledged by the Wizard King himself!" He announced, causing their eyes to widen as saucers. "You've been given a star!"

"What are stars?" Asta and Télos asked in unison.

"Stars are awarded by the Wizard King based on our performance" Vanessa explained. "The various Magic Knights squads compete to get the most stars"

"Speaking of, the Golden Dawn is currently at the top with seventy stars" Finral pointed out.

"What about us?" Télos asked.

"Negative thirty" Yami answered. 

"Sate, sate, sate, we have some work in our hands if we want to beat Yuno. Asta, we will have to give our best!" The blonde exclaimed.

"Let's do it!" Asta joined.

"One other thing" Yami then threw small bags to each of the squad members. "Here's your pay for this month" The group opened their bags and found them full of gold coins. Asta and Télos had rub their eyes a few times. Coming from a humble village like Hage, they had never seen that much money.

"Congrats on your first payday!" Vanessa exclaimed approaching the rookies and putting her arms around Asta's shoulders, who tried not to panick. "What do you plan to do with it?" She asked. 

"I haven't decided yet" Noelle said. 

"I'm going to send some money back to the church in Hage" Asta said nervously.

"I will send it all to Saussy so they can reconstruct everything I destroyed yesterday" Télos said.

"How noble, but you should keep something for yourself" Vanessa advised. "I have an idea, tomorrow we will go to the capital and go shopping" She offered. Asta and Noelle didn't seem to have a problem, but Télos shook his head.

"Next time, now they need it way more than me. That being said, Captain, is there any problem if I don't sleep here tonight?" He asked. Yami stared at him. 

"You just came back, isn't it too soon to go exploring?"

"I want to take this to Saussy as soon as I can, then I had planned to go back to Hage, there's something I have to talk to the local priest about so I thought I could stay there for the night"