Chapter 25: Friend Or Foe?

Télos stared at Yami, who had his katana and grimoire ready, as he rubbed his previously amputated arm, trying to ease the stinging pain he suffered. 

"What am I doing in your squad? You tell me, I didn't raise your hand" Télos retorted. Yami didn't appreciate that.

"I rose my hand for a talented kid from the boonies, not some supernatural weirdo that disappears after almost dying and coming back a week later with a new sword and the strength of a Squad Captain. Who or what are you? I won't ask a third time" Yami's grimoire shone, as his magical power rose in the air. It wasn't the first time Télos saw it in display, but that didn't make it less terrifying. A pressure threatened to squish his body into nothingness, but he stood his ground.

"I am a demon" He said bluntly. Yami eyed him. That was way too easy. "Well, the reincarnation of a demon to be more precise"

"Elaborate"

"A long time ago, this world was filled with all kind of creatures. There were humans, who coexisted with goddesses, fairies, dwarfs or giants on Earth. Then, there was Hell, where demons and devils lived. These two never liked each other. Anyway, they lived in relative harmony. They had their conflicts, but nothing too serious. Until one day, something happened. The Demon Prince, Meliodas, fell in love with Elizabeth, daughter of the Supreme Deity, leader of the Goddess Clan. None of the parents accepted the relationship and began blaming each other, which escalated in what would later be named the Holy War. At the same time, the devils and demons entered a civil war for the control of Hell. Battles were bloody and destructive. World was ending. Meliodas, Elizabeth and a few allies saw the effects of the war and came to a conclusion. All these races couldn't coexist in the same realm. So, with the help of Forbidden Magic, they reached a solution, they would split the world apart and stop the conflict. Half of the humanity, elves, dwarfs and devils to one side, the other half of humanity, fairies, goddesses, giants and demons to the other. The Holy War continued between demons and goddesses, and ended with Meliodas and Elizabeth being cursed for eternity. Meliodas with immortality, Elizabeth with reincarnation. Meliodas could still die, but he'd come back to life days later, not before his father stole his emotions"

"What does all this have to do with you?" Yami asked.

"Well, no one knew what the Demon King did with Meliodas' emotions. Everyone thought he ate them or something, but surprise, he seems to have an affinity to send them to random worlds and see if the seed germinates and a new Meliodas pulls out and conquer worlds in his name" 

"So..."

"Yeah, I'm the reincarnation of the Prince of the Demon Realm, and I was technically sent here to conquer your world for my father" He announced. "But, lucky you, Meliodas killed the Demon King before he could influence me. That's why I'm Télos of the Black Bulls" 

"I see" Yami sighed.

"Wait, you're buying it?"

"It's way too weird to be false"

"So, what now?" Télos asked. Yami took a cigarette of his pocket and puti it in his mouth.

"I'll keep your secret, for now. But I still have to inform Julius, he'll be the only one to know" He said. Télos pursed his lips. One of the first things Gloxinia had taught him was not to trust Julius Novachrono. Yami seemed to see his discomfort. "That's my only condition, it's either him or everyone else" 

"Fine" Télos gave up. Then, another voice popped up.

"Hey! What are you two doing?" Asta asked, popping out of nowhere, alarming Télos.

"Asta! How long have you been there?" He asked. Asta looked at him weirdly. 

"I just got here, why?" Télos almost cried with relief.