Chapter 8: Who Am I?

"So, all this dreams I've been having?"

"They actually happened, a long time ago, in a world different to this one, between races that have never stepped foot anywhere near this place" Gloxinia explained.

"Like you?" Télos asked. Gloxinia giggled.

"You're sharp. Yes, as you said before, I am Gloxinia, the first Fairy King, then I became Gloxinia, the repose of the Ten Commandments, but that's a story for another day. Today, we are going to talk about you"

"Me?"

"Yeah, don't you have any questions? Don't you want to know why you dream of the Holy War? How did you recognise me? If I am from a different world, why am I here?"

"Those are indeed good questions, let's start from the bottom, who am I?"

"Well, you're Télos right?" Gloxinia joked. Télos stared at him, unamused. "That wasn't a good one. Ok, you are a very complex being, I don't know where to start, does the name Meliodas ring a name to you?" He asked. Télos' reaction to the name answered for itself. "You do, well, you may know that Meliodas is no ordinary guy, he is a demon, son of the Demon King, and heir to the throne, at least that was the case until he decided to betray his race for a goddess"

"Elizabeth"

"Yep, because of that, both the Demon King and the Supreme Deity cursed their children. Elizabeth was cursed with perpetual reincarnation while Meliodas was cursed with immortality, before you ask, yes, he can still be killed. He actually died recently, but he eventually comes back to life. Thing is, every time he dies, the Demon King takes all his emotions and then brings them back to life. We never really discovered what he did with the emotions, but those who knew the existence of other worlds, such as yours, had a theory"

"That the Demon King sent the embodiments of those emotions to different worlds" Télos finished. "So that's what I am? A demon's emotions sent away by a bitter father?"

"It's a harsh way to put it, but the fact that you are a physical copy of Meliodas, the similarities in your abilities and your memories of his past, yeah, you're probably him" Télos stared at the ground, his hands curled in fists. "Aaaaand now you're feeling like a lower being to those who raised you and live with you on your day a day" Out of nowhere, Gloxinia created a spear and threw it at him. Télos was able to dodge it, but it still grazed his arm.

"What the hell was that for?" Télos asked before unsheathing his sword.

"Look at your arm" Gloxinia ordered. Télos obeyed and saw that blood was dripping from the cut that Gloxinia's spear had left. "If you were just emotions, why would you bleed like any other human?"

"But..."

"You are not inferior to those people, you are superior! Meliodas' blood flows in your veins, the blood of the demon prince, of the Dragon Sin of Wrath, is in you. Emotions aren't supposed to have physical bodies, and here you are. If you can unlock your full potential, only a few will be able to give you a proper warmup!" Télos blinked a few times.

"That sounds good, how do I unlock my potential?" He asked. Gloxinia thought.

"I dunno" Télos facepalmed. "But, we can discover it together" Then, Gloxinia exploded in sparks.

"Gloxinia?!" Télos yelled, alarmed.

"Over here" A voice called from his shoulder. Télos turned to the source and out of surprise, he took out his sword and slashed it. Gloxinia was barely able to dodge it and glared at Télos. "Yo! Be careful with that!"

"You're... small"

 small"