Chapter 33: Training

After the royal dinner fiasco, Télos couldn't wait to see what Mereoleona had prepared for them. And the result did not dissapoint.

"A Grand Magic Zone, this is going to be awesome" He muttered to himself

"This is a strong magic region known as the Yultim Vulcano. There's a volcanic belt laced with powerful mana deep underground" Mereoleona explained, earning a few gulps from the crowd. "This is a place that no ordinary person can set foot in. But, at the summit, there's a splendid and revitalizing hot spring, that will be your goal"

"Let's race to see who can get to the summit first, Asta!" Leopold defied.

"Yeah! Bring it on, damn it!" Asta replied, equally as energetic.

"You too, Yuno, Télos!" Yuno ignored, while Télos looked at him, eyebrow raised.

"Who are you?" He asked. 

"WHAT?!"

"Eh, you get used to it" Asta said, trying to calm him down, before bothe of them received a kick on the butt by Mereoleona.

"Quit dawdling and go!" She yelled at them. Everyone made an attempt to start, but they were stopped by the immense heat coming from the volcano. On the other side, the captains started moving at normal pace and making their way to the top.

"How can they move so fast with this heat?" One of the Crimson Lion Kings asked.

"Mana Skin" Télos and Yuno said in unison. Sooner rather than later, everyone's body was covered by Mana Skin, excluding a couple that were struggling, and started making their way to the top. That couple was Asta and Noelle, one because he didn't have any magic and the other because she couldn't hers. Mereoleona saw this and went to confront them, but a hand stopped her.

"Why are you still here?" She asked Télos. The blonde stared at the two.

"Same as you, figured these two would have issues with Mana Skin, so I figured I'd stay behind for a pep talk. But since you're here, you can ease my job and talk to Noelle, I know how to handle Asta" He told her. Mereoleona eyed her. She would lie if she said that she had been taken aback when she had been told her lieutenant was a 15-year-old rookie from the Black Bulls, but she trusted Julius' judgement and was willing to give him a chance. The power demonstration he had done at the festival had caught her attention, she wanted to see if there was more than that.

"Very well, I'll trust you, Vice-Captain" She agreed. Télos nodded in appreciation and walk to where Asta was. Asta was struggling, a lot. The heat was getting the best of him, and slashing around wasn't helping. After one of the slashes, he fell face first to the ground.

"It's useless" A voice told him, making him raise his head to meet the talker's gaze. "It's impossible for someone without magic to survive in these conditions. Muscles and guts won't help you here"