Chapter 30: The Rising of the Antimagic Devil

The dust cleared a minute after the explosion caused by Revenge Counter. Télos was on his knees, exhausted after the attack as the rest of the Black Bulls materialised next to him. Asta went fast to check on him. Fana was on the ground, knocked out. Ladros was nowhere to be seen.

"Tel! Say something!" Asta told him with worry. Télos coughed.

"Something" He croaked. Asta smiled and patted his back. 

"You are crazy, you know that?" Noelle said, approaching them. Télos chuckled, clutching his chest in pain.

"Took you long enough to notice it" He joked. Then, his gaze went to Fana's unmoving body. His grip on Godslayer hardened as he started limping towards her. Asta was fast to grab him and try to stop him. "Let go of me, Asta" Télos ordered with a deadly calm voice.

"What are you going to do with her?" Asta asked.

"Same thing he was going to do to us. Kill her" Instantly, a giant diamond sword appeared in front of him. 

"You will not touch Fana" Mars growled. Télos almost laughed. Did this guy really think he was a threat? Then he realised that most of his companions were siding with the Diamond Warrior. Fanzell, Dominante, Mariella, Finral and Vanessa had already taken their side, grimoires ready.

"Is this really happening?" He asked, this time his laugh got the best of him. He laughed openly as dark aura emitted from him. "Are you really siding with the Diamond Kingdom and Eye of the Midnight Sun?"

"No, we're stopping you from doing something stupid. She has already been defeated" Vanessa argued. Télos' laugh incremented.

"Okay, that was a great joke" He laughed. "Now get out of the way, I have to kill her" 

"What is with you wanting to kill her so bad?" Finral asked him.

"Easy, they killed Gloxinia with no regret, why should I act differently?" Télos asked, nonchalantly. 

"We can be bett-"

"No. I am not going to be better than them, if that means they walk out of this alive, I will be as evil as they are" Asta was doing his best to keep him under control. Then, everything went to shit.

Because a laser went through both siblings. Everyone's eyes widened in shock as both fell to the ground. The gazes went to Ladros, who had recovered partially from Télos' attack. There was still some burns in his body, but he was oozing with power. 

"Woah, that was some power, I couldn't absorb it all!" He yelled. "I dunno who you are blondie, but you interest me, don't die yet" He told Télos. Télos didn't answer, but Asta was suddenly surrounded by a black aura that enveloped him. 

"Not giving up is my magic" He whispered as the black aura disappeared, leaving Asta standing with a few modifications.