Chapter 19: Fighting Demons (I)

When you hear Sky Castle, usually the first thing that comes to your mind is a nice place, shiny, full of life. So it wasn't weird for Télos to gasp when all he could see was fire and souls flying. Scremas were being heard from below his feet, making Télos grimace. That sound was becoming way too familiar for him. 

"Well this is depressing" He breathed as the rest of the Sins appeared around him.

"Oh no, we're late!" Solaad cried. The Sins looked at each other, unsure of what to say. 

"I'll see you guys down there" Télos' said, jumping off the bar. 

"Did he just launch himself weaponless at a crowd of demons?" King asked. The rest nodded. "Wow, he's literally a Captain 2.0" The Sins nodded in agreement. Ban turned to Solaad.

"You go ahead, you want to prove yourself worthy right? This is a great moment to start" He told the Celestial. Finally, the Seven Deadly Sins entered the fray, separated to cover more space, but present nonetheless. 

Télos landed in front of a red demon, he had never seen one of them, and they were uglier than he remembered. The creature roared at him and spit a fireball at him. He jumped away from the blast and then launched himself towards the beast, delivering a powerful punch tha t knocked its head off its shoulders. 

The creature's body fell to the ground, causing a small rumble

The creature's body fell to the ground, causing a small rumble. Télos landed on his feet, looking around for more foes to take care of. Then he saw him.

He was fighting Merlin

He was fighting Merlin. Télos growled and grabbed a nearby fallen soldier's sword. His blood was burning, itching for vengeance. He knew that thing wasn't Vetto, but was the closest thing to him, and he had a lot of pent up rage that he needed to unleash.

"Merlin, I will take it from here" He announced, walking up to them. Both the lion and the witch looked at him, walking towards them looking at the ground ahead of him, his knuckles white because of the strength on his grip. Merlin stared at him, trying to decipher the young mage, then ended up agreeing and fleeing the scene. Derocchio, member of the Six Knights of Black, laughed.

"And who are you supposed to be? The battlefield is no place for a child, but your soul will probably work as an appetizer" He laughed. Télos didn't laugh.