Chapter 21: The Underwater Temple

The Black Bulls had been chaotic, I mean, more than usual, ever since Télos disappeared. Even if some of them didn't like him at all and knew little of him, but the impact it had on those who were close to him affected the whole group. Luck didn't want to fight all day at all, Magna was quieter than usual, but the worst case was Asta. 

The usually bubbly and loud rookie hadn't said more than four or five words ever since his adoptive brother disappeared, and all he had done was ask for missions to be as far from the headquarters as possible. It reached such an unhealthy point that Yami had to forbid him from leaving the house before he got himself killed. Yuno had visited him when Asta wrote him about it. So, with both William's and Yami's permission, they went to Hage to tell everyone. 

But it was time for the Black Bulls to carry on the mission the Wizard King had assigned them. Go to the Underwater Temple and retrieve the Magic Stone before Eye of the Midnight Sun got it. So they headed to the beach, unfortunately leaving Gordon behind. The plan was for Noelle to build a shield around them so they could breathe around them, but Noelle wasn't so sure. Her magic was still unstable, it was a lot of weight on her shoulders.

Luckily for them, one night that Asta had volunteered himself to help her train, they met Kahono, a girl singing in the beach that dreamt of becoming an idol, whatever that is. She gave Noelle the tip she needed to control her huge magical power.

"Think of good memories" She said. Anyone with at least five braincells would have said 'Bullshit', but this is a magical world, anything that doesn't make sense actually makes sense. So, in the end, thinking of her time as a Black Bull, she was able to pull it off. The crew travelled underwater, amazed by the ecosystem around them. Out of the blue, underwater tornados started punishing Noelle's spell. But Noelle kept it together and went through them, arriving at the Underwater temple. They were ready for a fight with monsters or whatever was there. What they didn't expect was a warm welcome from humans.

"People live here?" Magna asked. 

"It seems like it" Yami said, then addressed the crowd. "Bring me your leader!" He demanded. 

"Captain! You sound like an invader" Asta pointed out. The time in the beach had done wonders with him. He seemed to be recovering from the mourning. 

"Our leader? Are you talking about the High Priest?" 

"I guess"

"He's up those stairs, you don't need an invitation" The Black Bulls waved and headed to where the High Priest was. They found an old man in excentric robes, with a excentric hairstyle and an even more excentric moustache.

"Oh hey, aren't you a colourful group?" The High Priest greeted. "You're here for the Magic Stone huh? Well, then you will have to play with me" He walked up to Noelle and Vanessa. "It's the breast-rubbing game" Long story short, Noelle beat him up. "Ok, ok, I was joking"

"Hey gramps, we don't have time for games. Besides, how the hell did you know what we came for?" Magna asked. The High Priest laughed.

"It's because my eyesight is a little special" He added mysteriously. "So, what will you do?" He asked. Yami sighed.

"Alright, we'll play your silly game" He gave up. "So, what game will we play? Cards?"

"The White Hot, Temple Royal Rumble!" The High Priest announced as a bright light blinded the group. When the light died down, the Black Bulls were separated from a each other in a big cave with different rooms, ponds and lakes. The voice of the High Priest reached their ears. "You are trapped in here with the Temple Knights, the greatest of our temple. You nine will fight one on one with them. Defeat all of them and you get the stone. Are you all ready? Then let the games begin!" 

"Hey old man! We were ten when we arrived, who's missing?" Asta asked.

"I'm afraid to admit that if your captain participated, the game wouldn't be interesting at all, so he will watch with me. Now fight!" 

As he said, multiple humanoid figures with different fish-themed masks appeared in their way.

"These must be the Temple Knights. Bring it on!"

As expected by Yami and unexpected by the High Priest, the Black Bulls were dealing with their rivals without much difficulty. Asta had dealed with his, so had Luck and Magna, who had somehow found each other. Gauche and Noelle, whose opponent was no other than Kahono, were still dealing with their respective opponents. On the other side, Finral, Grey and Charmy refused to fight, so it was no surprise when the first three found new enemies and engaged in another combat. 

It was then, when everything went to hell.

Magna and Luck were fighting their second opponent, when suddenly one of the walls was blasted from the outside. The rubble hit all three of them and send them flying. Dust and smoke came out of the hole, but there was a huge humanoid figure that could be distinguished.

"This thing you're doing looks fun..."

"Mind if I join?" Vetto asked, followed by several Eye of the Midnight Sun wizards, who separated and went in different ways

"Mind if I join?" Vetto asked, followed by several Eye of the Midnight Sun wizards, who separated and went in different ways. Luck and Magna stared at each other. 'This is a problem' They thought. The Temple Knight attacked Vetto, but he blocked it and dispatched him with relative ease. Back with the High Priest, he was shocked with what had just happened.

"That isn't possible" He muttered, being serious for the first time since the Black Bulls arrived. Yami sighed and stood up. 

"Well, playtime is over gramps, take me there" But the priest was too shocked. "Tch, I guess I'll get there myself. Dark Magic: Lightless slash!" Three slashes and the wall was down. Unfortunately for him, there was another obstacle on his way.

"Spatial Magic: Different dimension Sphere" An Eye of the Midnight Sun chanted. "I'm afraid you will stay there a little longer" Yami tched again, but Vetto spoke up.

"Black, foreign swordsman, stay there and watch for a while. You'll be my main dish after I season you with despair, as you watch all of your friends die!" 

Back in the cave, one of the lakes out of the blue started bubbling and shining... as the red moon floated up in the sky.