Chapter 27: Save The Midget's Arms

(A/N: I swear this is the last filler chapter, next chapter will have proper action)

The following morning, Asta woke up as usual, brushed his teeth and went to the main hall.

"GOOD MORNING, EVERYONE!" He greeted, loudly. But the hall was empty. Asta frowned in confusion. "Where did they go?" He asked to himself as he went to the kitchen to get himself a glass of water. As he was pouring the water on the glass, he overheard voices coming from the outside. They belonged to Finral and Noelle. 

"Who would've thought that the members of the worst, lowest and crudest would be working so hard for one newbie?" Finral asked. Noelle nodded in agreement.

"No kidding, Especially for such a dumb, reckless, vulgar, no-magic peasant like him" She said. 

"Even though he doesn't have any magic, he just refuses to give up"

"Even though he doesn't have any magic, he's the first one into the battle, and he fights harder than anyone else. And because he's like that, Asta was able to give us the strength to fight. Now, it's our turn to help him fight!" Asta's eyes widened as tears welled up on his eyes. Not too far from there, Yami listened to the conversation, a shadow of a smile forming on his face. Asta walked out of the headquarters, tears falling freely of his eyes. 

"I... wasn't blessed with any magic. That always frustrated me. But I sure was blessed with amazing friends!" He cried.

Far from there, Télos walked through a forest, cutting the branches that appeared on his way with Godslayer, as Nero sat on his shoulder. 

"If Merlin's directions were correct, it shouldn't be too far" He muttered to himself. He had been walking for hours, hadn't eaten since he left the headquarters and had only slept one hour that night. Because, if there was any way he could fix his adoptive brother's arms, he would take it. A few more cuts here and there, and it finally appeared before him, making him chuckle, which evolved into a loud laugh. "Would you look at that, Nero? There they are, as shitty as Merlin had described. The ruins of Belialuin" He announced. Nero stared at him emotionlessly. "Can't you get fired up by anything? If there's any spell or potion to fix Asta's arms, it has to be here. So, let's start looking"

.

"So, somehow Asta got his arms cursed and useless and you, his comrades, are looking for a way to fix them" Fanzell asked.

The man on the left is Fanzell Kruger, a former commander of the Diamond Kingdom's army, who deserted the kingdom, disgusted by his kingdom's methods, along with his wife, Dominante Code, the one on the right

The man on the left is Fanzell Kruger, a former commander of the Diamond Kingdom's army, who deserted the kingdom, disgusted by his kingdom's methods, along with his wife, Dominante Code, the one on the right. When they left, they were separated. Fanzell stumbled upon Hage months before the Magic Knight exam and was the one to train Asta in swordmanship. Mariella, the one in the middle, was a student of Fanzell's that was sent by the Diamond Kingdom to retrieve Fanzell, but failed and then adopted by the two. 

"I know we haven't met properly, but when Télos gave us this address, he told us that you wouldn't mind helping" Finral explained. Fanzell nodded.

"So he sent you here, it's weird of him to not come personally" He thought loudly. 

"He must be scared of facing me again" Mariella muttered. 

"He didn't seem too scared last time, didn't he Mariella?" Dominante asked cheekily, earning a glare from Mariella. Quick note, when Fanzell was looking for Dominante after fleeing the Diamond Kingdom, and took notice of the Diamond Kingdom trailing him, decided that he needed help, so he went to the Black Bulls' HQ, where he found Télos, who was there while Asta was in the mixer, and asked him for help. It was hard, but ended with Télos defeating Mariella. "Anyway, where is he?"

"He left before the sunrise, said he was going to run with a bedouin or something like that" Noelle answered. Dominante's eyes widened.

"The ruins of Belialuin?!" She asked frantically. The two nodded. "How does he know about that?"

"Wait, wait, wait, time out. What are the ruins of Belialuin?" Fanzell asked. Dominante sighed.

"Belialuin was home to the predecessors of the modern day witches, but their civilization was wiped out centuries ago. There are rumours that say that the Witch Queen is the last survivor of that race. Speaking of, if there's anyone who has a small idea of how to fix your arms, that's her. She's on the Witches' Forest"

"The Witches' Forest?"

"It's where the witches live, where I lived until I met Fanzell" She explained. Finral snapped his fingers.

"So that's where Vanessa must have gone"

"Vanessa Enoteca went back to the Witches' Forest?!" Dominante asked. Finral and Noelle nodded. "That isn't good, the Witch Queen always had an special interest on Vanessa's magic, I'm afraid that if she enters the forest, the Witch Queen will not let her leave!"

"Then we must get there this instant!"

"We have to get Asta first, and wait for Télos"

"No need, I'm here" Télos said, emerging from the shadows and startling everyone. "Yo, Old Fanzell, Dominante, Mariella" He greeted.

"One day I'm going to tie a bell to your neck" Noelle threatened. "But now we have more important things to do, how was your search?" Télos sighed.

"Useless, Belialuin is nothing but rocks, there's nothing of use there" 

"The Witch Queen must have retrieved it and keep it where she can see it"

"Well then all roads take to the same place, let's fetch the midget and go have a talk with the Witch Queen"