Chapter 13: Eye Of The Midnight Sun

Télos, with Leopold and Asta next to him, confronted the guys that were dressed in white capes.

"So, another brat trying to disrupt our plans. Kill him as well, we only need the antimagic brat" The guy in the middle told his comrades, confusing the newly arrived Télos.

 Kill him as well, we only need the antimagic brat" The guy in the middle told his comrades, confusing the newly arrived Télos

'Antimagic?' He thought to himself, then his eyes went to Asta's sword and it clicked. 'So that's the name for whatever Asta can do. Antimagic huh? Interesting'

"Sorry dude not happening, not on my watch!" The guys in white capes shot multiple and continuous magic blasts at them. "Asta! Back to back! Guy from the Crimson Lion Kings, cover us!" He ordered.

"My name is Leopold!" 

Asta and Télos began to divert all the attacks they sent as Leopold stayed back so no one could get them from the back. Nonetheless, all this was for nothing more than tiring themselves. Asta had been fighting for a long while, Télos had just woken up from falling unconscious no more than an hour ago and Leopold was reaching his limit. Out of nowhere, a water barrier emerged from the ground and covered them three. 

"Noelle!" Asta called. 

"We can't keep up with this forever, we have to counterattack!" Leopold said.

"Agreed, but if we're gonna plan something, we gotta do this fast, that weird guy is absorbing Silva's magic" Télos pointed out. 

"Attack the first guy you lay eyes on!"

"That's the opposite of planning!" 

"Shut up!"

"No time to argue!" Asta yelled as Noelle's barrier disappeared. The three sped towards the same guy, who was a Wind Magic user. Said guy created wind tendrils that went clen through the three Magic Knights' bodies. That caused great damage to the three, enough to knock Asta and Leopold out and dropping Télos, who was the least damaged of all three, to his knees. He stared back at his fallen comrades and he clinched his teeth.

"Damn it!" He yelled in impotence as the guys dressed in white capes surrounded him.

"You fought well, Magic Knight, but you're still a kid, you're no match" All of them readied their attacks, to finish him off. Télos stood up forcefully and readied his sword. He wasn't going down without fighting. 

Luckily for him, the Magic Knights that had been sent away landed in front of him, Nozel Silva leading the cavalry. 

"How...?"

"We really didn't want to, but we worked together, you can call it Super Compound Magic" Alecdora, member of the Golden Dawn, explained. The guys in white growled.

"We will not be able to fight all these off, we must retreat! Sally, get the antimagic brat!" The leader ordered. The only girl in the group giggled and readied her grimoire. A mass of gel rose from it and covered Asta, too fast for anyone to react.