Chapter 24: Goodbye, Mr. Despair

Télos and Asta blast towards Vetto, swords drawn and ready to strike. Vetto saw them coming and readied a Bear Claw, but just before he could strike, a portal appeared in the way and took the two a way. Confusion invaded Vetto for a milisecond before two portals opened to his sides. He quickly had to make a choice and sent the Bear Claw to Télos, who took it and was blasted back. Unluckily for Vetto, that allowed Asta to hit him full force with his Antimagic sword. 

"I will defeat you! With this weapon!" Asta yelled before being taken away by Vanessa's strings. He went back to jumping around, being guided by Vanessa's strings and Finral's portals. Slowly but surely, cuts and bruises were showing in Vetto's body, cuts and bruises that he couldn't heal. It all seemed good for our heroes. 

But, unluckily for them, Licht wasn't joking when he said Vetto was as strong as a Squad Captain.

After numerous, effective attacks, Asta decided to go all out and went for the killing blow, but Vetto was waiting for that. He saw Asta coming and grabbed his arms. Before Vanessa or Finral could pull him away he squished them with all his strength, earning a few disgusting cracks and a scream of pain from Asta, followed by a muttering in Forbidden Magic, that made Asta's arms turn purple. Before he could deliver more pain, Vetto discovered the taste of Télos' boots.

 Before he could deliver more pain, Vetto discovered the taste of Télos' boots

Télos took Asta back to where Vanessa and Finral were. He stared at his arms, and realization dawned his face. He gritted his teeth in anger and gripped his sword with new strength. Asta, on the other side, was trying to get up.

"I can still fight" He muttered, but Télos held him down. 

"You have down more than enough, Asta. Stay back" He ordered. Asta shook his head and stood. Télos sighed. "I'm sorry, bro. I am not letting anyone else be killed by him"

"What?"

Télos chopped Asta on the back of the neck, knocking him out, and grabbed him before he fell to the ground, dropping him gently next to Luck and Magna before staring at Noelle

"Take care of him" He ordered. Noelled nodded, earning a smile from the blonde, who stood and walked up to Vetto, not before addressing his comrades. "Thanks for the help, I will take it from here"