Chapter 18: Prisoners Of The Sky

"I am very confused right now"

That sentence summed up the situation Télos was in that moment. There he was, with the same people he had seen in his dreams for fifteen years, in the same room, a couple feet away from him.

"What are you talking about Captain? Of course it's us" A guy with light brown hair, floating on a pillow, said. King, Télos recalled.

"Captain? Ok, This is all a misunderstatement" Télos said.

"Is it a brother of yours, Solaad?" The tall guy with grey hair asked. Right, that was Ban.

"I don't have any" A blond guy answered. Télos eyed him curiously. He ressembled him, with a few differences, like the eye color or the hairstyle, but he sure looked like him. 'Solaad, that name doesn't ring any bells' He thought. Suddenly, he felt a hand gripping his, and looked to down to see a beautiful girl holding his hand. Blood rushed to his face before he slapped her hand away and jumped a few steps back.

"Meliodas?" The girl 'Elizabeth' asked with a hint of pain. The names clicked in Télos' head like pieces of a puzzle, pieces that he kept finding. Just as he was going to say 'I am not Meliodas'. A giant fist broke the window behind him, grabbed him and threw him at the ground with inhuman strength. The impact with the ground knocked the air of his lungs, and the barrage of fists that doubled him in size sent him deeper and deeper into the ground as the female giant yelled at him for being mean to Elizabeth. 'This bitch is gonna kill me' He thought.

"Enough, Diane" A female voice saved him. Once the punches stopped arriving, he stood up painfully, hearing all his bones crack in the process. The woman that had saved him was as stunning as Elizabeth, but unlike her, that wasn't the first thought that crossed Télos mind when he saw her.

First thing he thought was 'Dangerous'

His hands went instantly to his back and side, where his sword and grimoire should be, but grabbed nothing but air.

"Where is it?!" He asked-demanded. "Where did you put my grimoire?!" The sole mention of that word earned a gasp from his saviour, Merlin.

"Your what? Did you hit your head Captain?" Ban asked.

"That's enough, that's not Meliodas" Merlin said. Everyone stared at her weirdly. "Am I right?"

"You... are" Télos answered, still feeling the pain of Diane's punches. "I am an embodiment of Meliodas' emotions that were taken from him by the Demon King, emotions that he sent to a different world, where they built a new consciousness and I, Télos, was born" He explained.

"Is this what you guys call a joke?" A pink haired guy asked.

"I wish, Gowther. I am not from around, but you still haven't answered my question, where is my grimoire?"

"You have the same things you had when you arrived, we didn't take anything" Gowther explained. Télos pouted. His friends must have taken them before sending him there. He wasn't going to ask about Lostvayne, he knew what had happened in his last fight.

So, he was weaponless in a world where demons, fairies, goddesses and giants roamed around. Great. Just great.

"So, our theory was right" Télos raised his gaze at Merlin, but she wasn't talking to him. She was talking to herself.

"You were one of those Gloxinia talked about, those who wanted to know what the Demon King did with Meliodas' emotions. It was you, Drole, Gloxinia and Meliodas" Télos said. Merlin nodded.

"Wait, did you just say Gloxinia?! The first Fairy King?!" King asked. "You knew him?" Télos clenched his fist, hard enough to draw blood. He nodded. King seemed to want to ask more, but one stern glare from Merlin was more than enough to shut him up.

"Nice talk, but we still have to get the captain back" Ban interjected. This peaked Télos' interest.

"You've lost Meliodas? How?"

"No time to explain, we have to hurry!" Solaad said. Télos looked at Merlin, asking for a quick explanation.

"Solaad's village is apparently in danger, and we think the captain might be there"

"Let's go then"

"You can fight?" Ban asked. Télos walked up to him, going face to chest with the Fox Sin of Greed.

"Wanna test me? I don't mind leaving another scar" Télos taunted. Ban grinned.

"Hop aboard Little Captain, you are coming with us!"

.

"What do you mean by 'He's gone'?" The Wizard King asked. Yami had went directly to Julius, leaving the team to comfort Asta, to explain what had happened.

"How many times do you want me to say it? He was there and one second later he wasn't. That weird guy that was on his shoulder all the time told us to throw him on the water on a red moon, and that happened"

"I see. Well, he will find his way back, we have a more important matter in our hands, and that is Eye of the Midnight Sun. We have now confirmed that they are after small stones called Magic Stones, I don't know what they want them for, but they seem important. Our informants tells us there should be one in the Underwater Temple, one of the Grand Magic Zones. I want the Black Bulls to carry on the mission of retrieving it. You have one week to prepare"

"Fine, I won't take much more of your time" Yami said.

"You shouldn't worry about him too much Yami, he is a tough kid. Isn't that why you chose him?" Julius asked. Yami sighed.

"Everyone back then knew that kid was special. Him and the guy he fought. It was the first time in years that none of the captains cared about someone's status. I knew I was gonna raise my hand since he confronted me before the exam, him and the other kid. I knew there that if the Black Bulls were going to become a respected squad, it would be thanks to those two"

"I hope you're right, it's getting pretty boring with William winning every year, I wouldn't mind a little bit of competition"

.

Back to Britannia, the Seven Deadly Sins, plus Télos and Solaad, were flying to the Sky Castle in Meliodas' bar. Télos didn't understand how, but he had seen so much weird stuff in the last hours his brain wouldn't endure another weird Merlin explanation. So, after he was practically forced to tell his story, he took advantage of Solaad's impresive cooking skills to excuse himself and exit the bar and let the cold air hit his face, letting a loud sigh and closing his eyes.

'I hope the others are doing fine, I should probably be looking for a way back, not playing around with people I barely know' He thought.

"You can't, not right now" A voice cut his thoughts. He turned around and found Elizabeth, holding a plate with a piece of pie on her hands. "Apple pie?" She offered. Télos shrugged and nodded. "You and Meliodas make the exact same face when you're in deep thought, and seeing your situation, it was easy to picture what you were thinking about" She explained, seeing the surprised face of the young mage.

"Are we really that similar?" Télos asked.

"It's practically impossible to tell you apart. You two have the same hair, eyes, voice, ahem... muscular frame" She added, blushing. Télos looked down and realized he had been shirtless the whole time.

"Sorry about that" He apologized. "And for slapping your hand before"

"Don't worry about it, you must have a lot on your head" Just then, wind picked up and almost threw Elizabeth overboard, luckily Télos grabbed her. "Thanks, we should probably head inside"

"Nah, I'll stay outside. I'm feeling nostalgic" That was true reminded him of Yuno, and all their training throughout the years. Elizabeth nodded and went inside. Once alone, Télos stared at the horizon with a small grin present on his face. "Sate, sate, sate, looks like we will finally meet, Meliodas"