Chapter 12: Cursed

Mimosa stared at Télos as he slept peacefully on the flowery bed her magic had set up for him. He had arrived out of nowhere, covered in blood and acting like a wild animal, probably out of tiredness, anger, frustration or all three at the same time, and then had fallen unconscious after saying some words without any type of sense, or were they?

The member of the Golden Dawn had almost fainted when Télos had called her beautiful, even if she was sure that he didn't have an idea of what he was saying... right?

Mimosa shook her head, trying to get rid of those thoughts, but the more she tried to dissipate them, the more she thought about them. She had replayed the conversation she had had with Noelle before entering the castle, in which she had admitted having a crush on the young Black Bull. Did Télos feel the same way? Was the compliment intentional? Who was Elizabeth? 

Her thoughts were interrupted by a loud explosion coming nearby, followed by a woman dressed as a witch landing harshly a few meters from them. The woman slowly got up and saw Mimosa. 

"Are you ok, old lady?" Mimosa asked politely, but it only enraged her.

"OLD LADY?!" She yelled as magic started revolving around her. "Well aren't you a cute little girl, you'll do fine to bring me back to my golden age. Ash Curse Magic: Ash Absorbing Formation!" She yelled as ash tendrils shot off towards Mimosa.

'If I move, it will hit Télos, and I can't allow that! I won't!' Mimosa thought as she stood her ground. Luckily for her, someone was faster. A mass of blond hair clouded her vision and a short body shielded her. "Télos?!" She stared back at the bed she had set up to heal him and found it empty.

"I wasn't expecting that. Shame, you're kinda cute, even if you're too short. You will do" The witch said, closing her eyes and getting ready to feel rejuvenated. But something went terribly wrong for her.

"Are you sure about that?" Télos asked. The witch looked at him, and then felt it. Not the usual feeling of getting younger, but the opposite. Her skin was getting more and more wrinkled, and her articulations began to ache to the point she fell to the floor. "Curious, that magic of yours. You steal the age of the other individual's mana and place it on yours. Quite effective in normal cases. But unluckily for you, I am not a normal case" 

"W-What are you?"

"I am just a guy with a high life expectancy" Télos said, followed by a chuckle

"I am just a guy with a high life expectancy" Télos said, followed by a chuckle. "But, I can't let go what you tried to do to Mimosa" He started walking towards her with the same silly smile. 

"W-Wait, a gentleman would not hit a defenseless old lady, right?" Télos chuckled patted her cheek twice.

"Funny, I don't have that problem"