244

A/N: This one is relatively long so if I take a little longer than usual to update then just remember I am being kind to you right now. I hope you enjoy this one. It's spiced up with a bit of Shakespeare (the good stuff). Happy reading!!

***

244

Alex is back to his normal, non-fidgety self today which leads me to believe yesterday's inability to sit still was pre-game nerves. He's back to his charming self, made only more so to my parents in comparison with Olive and I going crazy.

We stopped at the lolly shop on the way so we are blaming it on the sugar, although our reasons are very different. Olive is smack happy because I hinted (in a very casual way) that Ryan likes her, while I'm happy because I'm doing one of the things on my Before I Entred Upon An Eternal Sabbath Of Rest To Do List.

Mini golf.

It's good I'm not a competitive person because for the entire afternoon Olive and I have been running around the course like mad hatters. We undoubtedly have been disturbing the other people but they don't say anything so we don't stop.

All the while Alex walks around with my baby brother in his arms and Mum and Dad by his side.

We reach the end of the course and I have to say I'm disappointed. I was expecting so much more than that, but at least it's another thing to cross off the list.

"What do you kids want to do now?" Dad asks as we hand our clubs to the pimple-faced guy behind the counter who looks about thirteen.

"No more sugar, though," Mum adds, while taking Quentin out of Alex's hands. We head back to the car contemplating what to do. Well, the 'grown ups' contemplate while Olive and I get distracted chasing a pretty white butterfly.

Okay, maybe the sugar has contributed a little to our insanity.

"Girls, we're leaving," Dad calls, climbing into the car. Olive and I skip back to the car and climb in the back two seats of our seven-seater.

"So what are we doing?" I ask, and then decide to annoy Alex. He's sitting in the seat in front of me so I poke him and mess up his hair, and then poke him some more.

"We're going to go home and have tacos," Dad says. I can tell he wants to say something more but Mum cuts him off.

"I love this song!" She exclaims and turns up the volume on the radio. As soon as Olive and I hear the first line, we burst laughing.

Help! I need somebody.

"Alex!" I squeal, poking him at an annoying speed. "It's your song!"

"Come on Alex!" Olive cackles. Quen giggles at our rowdiness. "You have to sing! We all know you know the words."

I think back to April (or was it May?) when we first discovered Alex's secret obsession with this song but more broadly, this band. I can't stop another round of laughter as the image of him screaming the lyrics in the kitchen pops into my head.

He turns around to face me with his eyes narrowed. "Koda? Shh," he says, lifting a finger to his lips. "We need not repeat that."

"What happened?" Dad asks, intrigued now. He looks in the rear view mirror with an excited smile as both he and Mum nod along to the song. I'm sure this was a big song in their hippie days, although this was more popular than some of the other stuff I've heard them reminisce over.

"I've got a video," Olive pipes up. I look over at her and raise my eyebrow, while Alex turns and glowers.

"What?" He almost growls.