Chapter 5

12th January, 1963; Thursday

12th January, 1963; Thursday. Slytherin common room.

     It's been a week since Merope was named. Everyone in the household is exhilarated after years. For Cygnus and Druella, Merope came into life as an object of affection, pride and joy. This couple, due to the continues birthing of girl children from them, have heard many dishonorable words, talks and gossips around the prejudiced pureblood families about how they couldn't reproduce a heir for the fortune. It's not that they were disappointed for the birth of girl children but they did expect at least one boy baby for them.

Actually the couple were elated during the birth of their three daughters. In their eyes, the three daughters are equal. No less no more. By the birth of the new born or now Merope, it feels like they are favoring and don't hesitate to give their time to the new born more that they've done with their other daughters.

Its not like the sisters are jealous about it expect for Bella, who have been receiving letters everyday. Whenever she gets time, she reads the letters sent by Andy and Cissa. They'd write about how much she resembles Bella herself. Sometimes they even mention her liking & disliking's, About their experience & interactions with her, about her growth and even sometimes how their parents spend most of their time always around her. 

Whenever Bella reads them, she feels a pang of jealousy bubble up in her on Merope. She being the first daughter, she is responsible. She always tries to be perfect in everything she does. She got sorted into Slytherin to make her parents proud. She always seeks her parents attention. She does everything to satisfy her parents needs. Even going to any extent. She did. She did succeed in that, until the arrival of the new member. And its not that she envies her new sister but she doesn't like when all her attention is on someone else. For the love of Merlin she can't even show any hatred to someone who hasn't done anything to her...yet.

Bellatrix is now headed to the owlery to send a reply to her sisters letter which she received in the morning. She climbed the stairs and walked towards the owl cages. She soon found her owl, Grey and was tying the letter, when an owl flew and sat on her shoulder. Lyra had a letter in her beak. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as in why there would be a fancy letter unless its for an occasion. She took the letter and opened it,

The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black

Dear Bellatrix,

As you know we've welcomed a new member to the family last week. We are proud to inform you that we've named her Merope Irma Black. And to celebrate this we've organized a Dinner party, among all the pureblood families are invited. The dinner party will be held on 14th, this Saturday in the evening.

We've sent a letter to Headmaster Dumbledore about this. You're given permission to arrive at the household in the Saturday morning and go back the next morning. We are expecting you.
We wish for you're well being.