Chapter 6

The other Black's were greeted by Cygnus and Druella. The sisters went over to them and bowed. Sirius took each of their hands and placed a small kiss on the back. The Black men greeted each other with a nod. The women hugged and greeted each other. Soon all the invited guests arrived. Bellatrix saw Helena among a group of pureblood children and went over to her. Andromeda and Narcissa following her. 

The tables and chairs were occupied, so was the glasses, plates. They were filled with all kind of royal, ancestral, traditional delicacy and wine & juices. The guests dug in as Cygnus welcomed them once again and asked to eat up.

In the room filled with many ancestral families heirs and heiresses, little Sirius is roaming his eyes all around the room in search his second most favorite cousin. His roaming eyes land at the entrance, where Druella was walking out. Without him knowing his feet started moving. Eyes fixed on the enterance or exit of the Ball room. Not paying attention to his surroundings, he accidentally bumped into an elf who was holding a tray, of blood red, with a hint of purple and brown liquid in wine glasses, which would have spilled and spluttered over the floor if it wasn't for Sirius to help the elf hold the tray properly.

All these actions was not unnoticed by Walburga. She scrunched her nose. She thanked Morgana for the bedecked, bejewelled decorations by her sister-in-law. As all the guests were either busy mesmerizing the decorations or engaging themselves with conversations to even notice the "interactivity" between her son and the elf. She went to her son and placed her hand on his shoulder giving it a slightly tight squeeze.

Sirius who was done with the 'little unnoticed thing' with the elf, composed himself and started moving. Not even he moved barely two steps from his stood place, he felt something heavy......hand, and a tight squeeze on his shoulder. He turned around to see who it was to stop him from talking any step, to come face to face with his mother, who has bent to meet his gaze. He could clearly see anger and...disgust in his mothers glare. Before anyone could speak the lights dimmed a little, the chattering in the hall silenced.

Across the room Helena and Bellatrix with Andromeda and Narcissa were conversing along with other children.

"Bella, this is my cousin Edward." Helena introduced her cousin, who was an inch shorter than her.

"Heir Bulstrode." Bellatrix greeted and bowed. Edward took her hand and placed a kiss on the back. "Bellatrix Black. This is Andromeda Black and Narcissa Black, my younger sisters." She said gesturing to her sisters, who bowed politely.

"Next year he'll also be coming to Hogwarts for his first year." Helena said.

"Even Andy will be attending Hogwarts along with him." By the use of her pet name in public occasion Andromeda went red.

"Its Andromeda actually." Andromeda said recovering from her embarrassment. This caused the group snicker lowly.

Druella came down with Merope cradled in her arms. Cygnus approached his wife and daughter. The old yet new parents made it in the middle of the Ball room. All eyes were on them. The room went drop dead silent. Only soft music from a large, old, ancient gramophone is heard. Cygnus cleared his throat and started speaking.

"Greeting everyone. Its my pleasure to be welcoming you'll to this dinner party. As you all know the words have passed about addition of a new member in the family. This party is organized to introduce my fourth daughter to this world. Ladies and gentlemen, we welcome our absolute pride and joy and grace of the Black Family, Merope Black." Cygnus said lifting his daughter a little higher proudly to show her to the world. As soon as he said that, every men and women and children stood up and clapped their palms. After the clapping stopped, Cygnus ordered an elf to bring the cake. The elf obeyed and with a snap from his finger the chocolate, vanilla cake appeared on the table.