Chapter 8

Someday in August, 1971

12 Grimmauld Place.

      Right now in 12 Grimmauld Place Sirius woke up rather early. It unusual actually. And of course it should happen, because today he is getting all his school supplies from Diagon Alley after all the attempts of practically begging his mother to take him. But Walburga always declined saying 'we still have time, no need to urgent anything'. And because of this -for the shopping- he is not going with his mother though.

He got himself dressed and had his breakfast. He then walked to the main hall and is greeted by Alphard.

"Good Morning m'boy." Alphard chirped.

"Morning uncle." Sirius replied in zeal. "When are we leaving uncle?" Asked Sirius.

"At eleven o'clock." Alphard replied sipping his black tea. Sirius didn't say anything. He just nodded and walked out of the room to the library to spend the remaining two hours reading some book which interests him or will it.

He walked inside the royal, dark library that screamed magic—ancient, dark and light magic. There were long wooded racks, he traced his fingers on the spin of the books which are in the lower shelf. For him being him, no book seemed interesting to him. It seemed as though he was kind off starting to get allergic to them. He walked out of the library to his room. He sat on his study table and grabbed a parchment. He dipped the quill in the ink and started penning a letter to Merope saying about his visit to Diagon Alley and asking if she could also accompany them. After finishing, he folded the papers and went to the owlery. In the owlery, he sealed the letter with the family crest. And gave the letter to the family owl, Ace.

"Ace give this letter to Merry." He said petting him and patting on his head. Ace let out a loud hoot and flew in the morning sky. He left the room and walked down to the now empty hall.

After an hour, the fireplace in Grimmauld Place roared and came out Merope. She was wearing a knee length dark green, plain, beaded frock, made with the finest cotton and a round hat of same colour with a dark green fabric flower on the side.

"Siri." She screeched loudly, excitedly and ran into his arms. Sirius as though he was expecting this, welcomed her with his opened arms.

"Missed me Merry? Huh?" He teased her after letting her from hug and leading her to the sofa nearby.

"Yeah kind off." She mumbles under her breath not wanting him to know that she had missed him. Sirius had informed her about the arrival of his acceptance letter to her that day itself. Merope wasn't excited about this as Sirius was. She shook her head in no and smirked seeing his frowned expression.

Hearing a loud yet excited screech, the elders rushed inside room. First Alphard entered the room. He saw Merope and Sirius. He went over to them and took Merope in his arm. He kissed her forehead and asked, "When did you arri—" he couldn't complete as Walburga's yell was heard.