Chapter 14

|Previously|

The family apparated to Diagon Alley. Of course with Binky behind them......

 Of course with Binky behind them

August 20th, 1974.
Diagon Alley.

The Alley looked almost deserted with very few wizarding and non wizarding families shopping. And what could be expected at ten in the morning. The streets very less packed unlike other days. Of course that should happen because everyday the headlines would read like....

Mysterious death of muggle family in London- more on Daily Buzz column.

Unknown disappearances of witches and wizards. - more on page 2.

Assumptions - What or Who is behind the outrageous crimes?- more on Alert column.

A muggle family in town brutally murdered and a mark, probably significant to the murderer (s), was seen floating in the sky above their house. -
more on page 5....

And many more like these

And many more like these. Even the weather outside made people to not step out of their house. The atmosphere became darker and gloomy each day so did everyone. Muggleborns especially. Reason : unknown.

Currently the Black's are walking through the openly narrowed streets of Diagon Alley towards Flourish & Blotts. They purchased all the necessary books and walked to Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions, to buy her robes. When they entered, the door bell chimed announcing their arrival. The attenders, Madam Malkin and Stella Malkin, brightly smiled at the sight of their customers.

"Welcome to Madam Malkin's Robes shop. What can we tailor for you? Any occasion?" Madam Malkin asked politely, in one go.

"We'd like to buy plain black robes for my daughter. For Hogwarts you see." Druella replied placing a hand on Merope's shoulder. Merope gave them a small smile when she felt the eyes of the two ladies on her. Looking at her in awe daze.