Chapter 9

1st September, 1971.
Kings Cross Station.

       This is the day Sirius was waiting for years

       This is the day Sirius was waiting for years. Exhilarated is an understatement for him. Right now he along with Walburga, Orion and Regulus, is standing in front of the wall that leads to the platform 9¾, his trolley loaded with his trunk, owl cage, etcetera etcetera. Walburga placed a hand on his shoulder and spoke.

"Now the time has come for you Sirius, to keep up with the traditions. You know what I mean?" She asked. Sirius nodded his head and clutched his trolley. "Good, now off you go. I expect you're best behavior." She spoke sternly.

He went through the barrier and into the platform, followed by his family. Sirius was absolutely mesmerized by the beauty of the red, black steam engined train. He didn't know how long he kept staring at it. He dazed off when Regulus voice ringed beside him.

"Mother look." Regulus said pointing to a family just standing few feet away from them, sending off their third daughter for her sixth year at Hogwarts. "Everyone is there. Let's go." The family of four walked towards that family.

"Siri." Merope said with with teary eyes as soon as she saw Sirius walking toward her pushing his trolley.

"Merry." Sirius replied hugging her. "Don't cry. I'll be back soon." She clutched his coat tightly and started crying like there is no tomorrow. This action drew attention of other people standing there. Walburga quickly casted a silencing spell on them and glared at everyone who were glancing at their way. Sirius started rubbing her back in circles, solacing her.

"Merope.." Druella placed her hand on her daughter's shoulder and broke them apart from the hug. "Come on now he'll not be gone forever. Also the train will leave in five minutes or else he'll miss it." Merope sniffled and nodded her head wiping her tears.

"Aw. We'll be home for Christmas Mer." Narcissa said hugging her and wiping the tears running down on her cheeks. They all bid their goodbyes and went to their respective destinations.

"Take care both of you." Merope said in cracking voice. Sirius hugged her one last time. Now it was Sirius's turn to hug her tightly, as if it is their last hug, Or will it be; and glanced at his family nodding his head. Maybe this would be their last hug like this. He and Narcissa hopped into the train and started searching for compartment to sit.

                                           • • • • •

|Sirius POV|

      I, along with Cissy went inside the train. To be honest the train and its compartments looked magnificent. We reached near a compartment where a blonde haired boy was seated. Cissy went to him and hugged him, then...kissing on his cheeks? Wait was it on cheeks? 

Well this is embarrassing standing here. Sirius you're third wheeling in here, do something. I thought to myself.

 I cleared my throat making them break the hug. Cissy looks flustered. That blonde whose face was pale and pointed, had pink tainted on his cheeks but composed himself quickly. He cleared his throat.