Chapter 10

1st September.
Hogwarts school.

|Sirius's POV|

        The express smoothly halted at Hogsmeade station. The greyish -black, well litted, magnificent castle came in view. Me and my three friends; James, Remus and Peter, got on to the platform.

"Fi'st ye'rs, fi'st ye'rs this way. C'mon. This way." A man. I mean a giant one, called waving his large palm. Beside him stood a dog, its multiple face skin sagging. It kept wagging its tail. I liked it. Me and others followed the giant man near a shack, near the lake. There were numerous boats. "Hop'n now. Four in one." He said.

Me, James, Remus and Peter sat in one boat. I sat beside James and Remus beside Peter. I still wasn't comfortable around Peter like I'm with Remus now.

From where we're sitting, I can see the red haired girl- Lily Evans we saw on the train, on the boat beside ours. James still hasn't noticed it. Along with her sat that greasy - haired boy..um..Snivellus? No.. Severus, Severus Snape, and two other girls who I don't know yet. But one girl with slightly wavy hair, heart robbing smile made my eyes stick on her permanently. I came out of my trance when someone started shaking my shoulder vigorously. Oh its James who did that.

"Oi. What happened to you huh? Why are you smiling like an idio-." He stopped his sentence when he followed my gaze. Even he, like me, couldn't take his eyes from that direction.

We both came out of our dreamy world when someone shook us, for me again. The shaking feels a little gentle to me. Now its Remus and Peter who did that. I turned to Peter embarrassed, he quickly removed his hand from my contact. Shit you scared the boy my brain said. I gave him a smile and touched his hand. He flinched. But when he saw my face he retuned the smile.

"You-you both... I mean..uh.." Remus started. He cleared his throat and continued,"..what are you looking at? Huh? I mean, look at you, you both look like you are..um..well how do I put it.." He said unsurely.

"Like what?" I asked him. I'm damn sure my face is still red. Thanks to the darkness they couldn't see, I guess.

"Like you both are lovestruck." He said. I choked on my own saliva. I looked at him widening my eyes and started coughing. The same happened to James I think, because even he started coughing.

"You alright? Why are you coughing like this, that to simultaneously?" Remus asked rubbing James's back. Peter doing the same for me, awkwardly. Remus took out water bottle from his bag and gave it to us. We drank and breathed out.

I looked around and assumed that our actions caught few attentions. I turned to look at the boat beside us and my breath hitched as my eyes came in contact with the brown ones. Oh and I forgot to say we neared the castle, everything started to view clearly. The brown orbs of that girl...oh heavens it's like honey color.

I breathed and moved my eyes to grasp her features. Her skin glowed from the light emitted from the litterns. It seemed like its made of glass. Her laughing was audible till our boat and it sounded like music to my ears. The way she tucks her short, shoulder length hair behind her ears. Ah..Breathtakingly beautiful. She looked like the most beautiful girl I've seen in my life till date. But Merry looks more beautiful than her. I smiled cheekil—Wait!!!...Merry? How did she come into the frame? Why did I even think like that?