Chapter 11

|Sirius POV|

Previously...

Later that night, after the welcome feast, all the first year's were asked to follow the prefects to their respective houses. We followed them towards the Gryffindor house. Everyone entered the common room. But I did not. Because I couldn't. Before I can even keep my foot inside, I was dragged forcefully by my back collar, in the opposite way of the Gryffindor common room.....

Presently..

"What th-" I couldn't complete my sentence as someone 'hushed me'.

"Shh..." That person who had grabbed me by my collar said. He or she, I think she, I don't know, dragged me somewhere I assume a tower..I could see there are telescopes and stars & constellations charts? We climbed the stairs.

"Where are we?" I asked in a whisper. The moonlight shone on me as I stood openly, but not the person who bought me here. I hate to say this I kind of felt scared. I slowly tried to reach for my wand in my trouser pocket only to feel even more anxious and scared than ever. I couldn't find my wand. MY BLOODY WAND.

"Don't worry, you'll not be needing that." The person who had bought me said. I know this voice... Very familiar..wait..

"Cissy! What are you doing here dragging me all way from common room?" I whisper yelled. She came out of the darkness and stood in front of me. I could see her face which was giving me disappointed look. "And where are we?" I asked again.

"Astronomy tower." She replied and didn't say anything for a few minutes.

"Sirius." She called. "How? What? Why?.. I don't know how to put this. How did this even happen?" She asked throwing her hands in the air.

"Wh-hat?" I asked even though I knew what she is referring to.

"You know what I'm talking about Sirius. How come you are sorted into that house?" She asked. I just stood there without answering. I mean I didn't know the reason myself. How will I say to her? She sighed.

"I don't know." I said, which came out barely above whisper.

"Sirius you know what's gonna happen right?" She asked me in a low voice. I nodded my head lightly. I knew what she means by that. My mother wouldn't be happy. Father would be disappointed. I'd be a utter disgrace to the family. Or even be disowned, my image getting burnt off the tapestry and all that shit. And everyone else wouldn't be any happy to know that their relative is in Gryffindor. And they wouldn't even look at me. What if Regulus and Merry go away from me? On no! The thought itself makes me want to shiver.

"Look Sirius, I just hope for the best of yours. I've seen you grow up to what you're now. Auntie had so much hopes in you, in fact everyone did. It all shattered now because of this and it was also the ignorant behavior of yours. I feel so disappointed about thi-"

"Me." I interrupted her. She looked at me. Disappointment and sympathy clearly visible in her eyes. "You're disappointed in me." I bent my head down.

"Sirius no. Listen I'm sorry-" I held my hand motioning her to stop.

"Its okay Cissy. I understand." I said, swallowing the lump formed in my throat, controlling tears threatening to fall. I turned my back to her and stated walking towards the exit.

"Sirius." She called me. I halted my steps but didn't turn to her. I felt her presence behind me. "I just want to say that I'll be there for you as long as I can." She said. I turned to her. She gave me a small smile.

"Thank you Cissy. I really needed that." I said as tears started to roll on.

"Aw.. What are cousins for." She said to console me, which worked a little. I can sense fear in her tone.