New Home?

"You guys have met?"

       Everyone was silent, Mikey and Donnie were looking at Raph, April was looking at me, and Leo was looking back and forth. Raph sighed "Yea, we met about a half an hour ago. She was getting attacked by a mutant, so I had to help." Everyone looked at me as if asking if his story was true, I nodded my head, "It is true, I was already supposed to come here cuz April is supposed to explain something to me also, mutant?" "Come on, let's go sit. This might take a bit" Donnie said and walked over to a area that looked like a kitchen, we all sat around the table. I did realize Raph was standing with his arms crossed. 

     "Ok so your explanation for this morning?" April asked and I nodded. "Ok, you said that you saw a guy get bit by a bug and then turn into some sort of an animal. That was caused by a oozquito. They are bugs that cause anyone to get bit to turn into a mutant." I didn't do anything, I just sat there and listened. "Raph said that he helped you because you were being attacked by a mutant, do you think that it was the same one as the guy?" Donnie asked me this time and I nodded, "The mutant had on the same clothes as the guy did this morning but torn up, he also called me 'The bitch from this morning' so yea it was him." "Well, he might try and go after you a lot more now, I'm guessing he blames you for it?" I nodded, "Yea, he is gonna try and get to you a lot. Do you have anywhere he might not find you? Like a house and not a apartment?" I shook my head, "No, I live in an apartment with my mom and my cat and my dad isn't around."

     "What if.... she stays with us!!" Mikey jumped up and down while talking, he seemed excited. "That would be the safest option, is it possible Addison?" Donnie questioned, I just sat there. I wasn't sure if I could leave mom. What would I even tell her? What if this mutant goes after her too? I was in my thoughts until I felt a large hand on my shoulder, bringing me back to reality. "You can think about it as long as you need, we just wanna know what you're thinking so we can help, that ok?" Raph asked me in a soft voice. "I-I'm wondering when I will do about my mom and cat, will this mutant go after my mom if I leave?" Donnie shook his head, "No he shouldn't, as long as he doesn't know she is your mother." I nodded my head, one problem dealt with. "And, if I did come down here. What would I tell my mom? Like what would be my reason for moving out?" Everyone stopped at that point, no one did know what I would tell her. 

     "What if you tell her, you are moving in with me? I mean for all your mom knows I live alone, and she isn't around a ton anyway, right?" April suggested this, I thought for a bit and then smiled. "Would I be able to live down here? Even with Mona?" I questioned and everyone looked confused. "Um, who is Mona?" Raph asked, "Oh! Mona is my cat, her full name is Mona Lisa because I found her sleeping under a fake Mona Lisa painting when she was a kitten." Raph did a tiny aw at the thought but then the four boys went quiet, so did April. "Is everything ok?" I asked. "Well out dad isn't the best with cats, or dogs really" Leo said. "How come?" "Cuz he is a rat." Donnie said this and I just sat there, so these guys are kind of adopted but also not really, hm ok then. "Oh, maybe Mona can stay at your house then April?" "Mom is allergic to cat fur remember?" Shit, I forgot about that. I can't just get rid of Mona, it would be impossible for me. we heard tiny footsteps and the boy's kind of panicked. "Raph hide Addi!" Leo just said is a hushed voice and Raph took my hand and led me out of the kitchen. We just hid around the corner, but Raph kept me by his plastron. 

     "What is going on here? And where is Red?" I heard someone with an older voice ask. "And why did I hear you all talking about a cat? You know you all cannot have pets" This must be the boys' father and hearing that sentence from him made my heart sink. I grabbed onto Raph a little harder and tried not to cry. He looked down and rubbed my back trying to keep me calm. "It'll be ok, when we explain it isn't our cat but yours, I'm sure he will change his mind, ok?" Raph whispered and I nodded my head, "Come on, let's go to my room. You can calm down and cry if you need to, ok?" I nodded again and we left. 

Aprils POV

     "Splinter it isn't actually the boys who want the cat it belongs to a friend of mine who might um-" "Move in with us, if it is ok. She is being attacked by a mutant and we are worried it will go after her at her home or Aprils if she goes there." Donnie explained the rest for me. I was really hoping Splinter would be ok with Mona, I have never seen this cat chase a tiny mouse, let alone a human sized rat. "April, is there no other place that this girl can go?" Splinter questioned me and I sadly shook my head. "No there isn't. Her mom lives with her, and her father passed away a long time ago, her other family is all on her dad's side, but they do not go near her because they blame her mother for her father's death, she has no one else." Splinter sighed, "Can I meet this girl today?" I nodded my head and led him to the hallway Raph and Addi were supposed to be in, but they weren't there. "Uh, I am not sure where they went. Raph was supposed to just hide Addi here while we talked to you." I was concerned now but Splinter wasn't, "How close to this cat is Addi? And what is the girls full name?" "Addi or Addison is really close to Mona, she has her from when she was a kitten. Why?" 

     "I think I know where they both went, I can go on my own now. Thank you, April." "No problem?" Splinter then walked down the hall and I don't know where he went.

Raphs Pov

     Addi was laying on my plastron crying, she was worried that she would have to move away from Mona. I don't know how to help her; I know pops wouldn't just tell her to leave the cat, but I don't know how to prove it to her. "Addi, I know pops wouldn't make you get rid of Mona. He just doesn't let us have pets cuz we aren't the most responsible boys around heh, ya get where I'm going with this?" She sat up and nodded her head, "T-thanks Raph, y-you're right, about both things heh" "Hey!" She started laughing and smiling. I wasn't going to lie, her laugh was really cute, she was so tiny compared to me and yet she wasn't scared of me. I loved it and I really hoped pops would let her stay here with Mona. I then heard a knock on my door, "Well, here we go"